Wondering about the value of a Fisher CZ7A-PRO

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a question. I know I can go to Ebay and look this up, but I wanted more expert opinion on this machine.

I have a friend who really needs to sell his CZ7A-Pro for $300. I want to purchase it and then send it in for calibration/check up through a friend of mine who works almost exclusively on Fisher machines. I think it will costs me about $135 for him to go through and clean and calibrate the machine. I do feel it needs a calibration because it seems like it takes a lot of turning to get it to balance out in neutral soil.

All told I will have right at $400 in the machine. It isn't a "beauty queen". I feel that it will be a 10/10 in working condition, but at best it is an 8/10 on cosmetics, but no less than a 7. It has scratches on the machine and coil, although the VDI is clean. It has one thing going for it, it is an earlier Los Banos model with the standard 8" coil.

What I am wondering about is if it could sell for the the price I have in it which is $435 and I will take care of the shipping/insurance? Basically, I will be helping him out and I can get a machine back to someone who can use it if I put some money into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread