Fisher F75SE-DST Beats Modded Tesoro Cibola Two To One.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just teasing.:laughing7: The Cibola tied with a Indian Head Penny find at the last moment before leaving.

I headed out this morning to a detect the yard of a home that was built in 1951. The site looked good and I was expecting to have a good day. I first pulled out the F75 with the NEL Sharpshooter coil attached. My settings - 9.0, 0 discrimination, 4H tones, DE mode and full sensitivity.

It didn't take long before I started finding wheat pennies. That's always a good sign. Finally, I cornered a couple of Rosie Dimes (1952, 1963). Both times, I was pretty sure that I had silver under the search coil before I even dug.

The F75 was having a little trouble with thin flat pieces of metal about inch square. The stuff was all over the yard and causing the F75 to give high tones and high VDI readings. I could tell that it was not a good target, but it was getting kind of frustrating to listen to so I decided to switch detectors.

I pull out my modded Cibola with the NEL Sharpshooter coil attached. I set the discrimination just a little higher than where a iron nail discriminates out, a very slight hum on the threshold, a little negative on the ground balance and full sensitivity.

I found a few wheat pennies and a junk earring, before I got a audio tone that just stops you in your tracks and says dig me. I was under a very old magnolia tree and the audio tone was rich, loud and smooth. I popped a 14k gold ring. I always get excited when I find gold.

After going over the front yard again I got a soft audio tone and dug down around 7 inches and popped a 1900 Indian Head Penny. It must have gotten lost back when the land was a plantation, before they built the subdivision. You just never know what you're going to find until you dig it.

tabman

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20002_zpshad6sevf.jpg
Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20003_zps2qyutzk0.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20006_zpscgmris7f.jpg
Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20008_zpspoyone35.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20010_zps8bng31oy.jpg
Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20012_zpsdaarkvpw.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20020_zpsklfwwh2g.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20025_zpsvnowd8b5.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20017_zpsfoidbsox.jpg

Cibola%20Gold%20Ring%20016_zps8nttxf6b.jpg

Last edited:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz Tab on the gold ring. It's something that on all my detectors the tesoros do the best on gold.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting story. I had a Cibola for a long time and it is interesting because I've not hear anyone talk about using a modded one, although I've hear about them. I also noticed your in Memphis and sometimes I detect about in Brinkley AR, not too far from you. I've done well under old magnolia trees. My biggest silver/old coin spill was under one. If you go to Nashville to a place call Travelers Rest, they have some of the biggest/oldest Magnolia trees I have seen (180 years +). This past December I dug a 1903 Barber dime under a 75 year old magnolia I had to kick 5 inches of dead leaves aside and it was 7 inches down. I also detected with a high school kid that month and I told him to skip the yard and get to the magnolia tree before I did and he dug his first Indian head penny under it.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gratz Tab on the gold ring. It's something that on all my detectors the tesoros do the best on gold.

Thanks. Yeah Tesoro detectors are gold magnets.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting story. I had a Cibola for a long time and it is interesting because I've not hear anyone talk about using a modded one, although I've hear about them. I also noticed your in Memphis and sometimes I detect about in Brinkley AR, not too far from you. I've done well under old magnolia trees. My biggest silver/old coin spill was under one. If you go to Nashville to a place call Travelers Rest, they have some of the biggest/oldest Magnolia trees I have seen (180 years +). This past December I dug a 1903 Barber dime under a 75 year old magnolia I had to kick 5 inches of dead leaves aside and it was 7 inches down. I also detected with a high school kid that month and I told him to skip the yard and get to the magnolia tree before I did and he dug his first Indian head penny under it.

Actually, a modded Cibola is just a fancy Vaquero. I do like the trigger switch for the all metal mode on my Cibola. I own 140 acres that I lease to deer hunters near Casscoe, Arkansas. I always remember taking the Brinkley exit when I was coming from Germantown TN to go hunting. I got tired of deer hunting and took up metal detecting.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread