Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Never heard of that..I do not think that ..Tom Dankowski .. would agree with you... Could be the dealers that say that do not sell fisher detectors and want to sell another brand to you..

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHAT?????

I can see that being true of wet beach detecting. Probably don't see many underwater detectors in Oklahoma either.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT?????

I can see that being true of wet beach detecting. Probably don't see many underwater detectors in Oklahoma either.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huh,I live in Florida and love my t2. On dry sand it's bad to the bone.
But I prefer old coin inland hunting.
I have a cz20 and if I move to Oklahoma I'm gonna use it.lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As Keppy stated -The Fort Meade dig ("Florida Archaeological Metal Detecting Project") by Tom Dankowski (NASA Tom) was performed with Fisher F-75 detectors and they found all kinds of goodies.

Lots of ocean beach region in FLA and I don't have the pleasure of that; so maybe that would be the reason? Although my F-75 manual gives beach detecting tips so I assume they work there as well (?)

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the F75 is a great detector but mine only made 1 trip to the OBX...it struggled to say the least. Maybe this is why the sales would be down in Florida???

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes to show you all "I've heard" comments are usually without merit. Best machine I own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread