One Hunt - Three Detectors - Five Silver Coins
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By tabman

Thread: One Hunt - Three Detectors - Five Silver Coins

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6491 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

One Hunt - Three Detectors - Five Silver Coins

I headed out to a new site this morning and realized halfway there that I still had my house shoes on. Lucky for me that I keep an extra pair of shoes in the car, because this has happened to me before.

Any how, I arrived at the site, a 1947 house. I first pulled out my new Omega 8500 and right off found a 1952 Rosie dime. The Omega is hot on silver coins.

After working the entire front yard with the Omega, I decided to go back over the front yard again with my modded Tesoro Cibola ÁMax. I managed to get the Cibola's search coil over several nickels and one turned out to be a 1943 War Nickel. The Cibola ÁMax loves nickels and gold rings.

I put the Cibola back in the car and pulled out my F75DST and headed for the back yard. When I saw the old clothes line posts I headed straight for them. I made a few sweeps, got a nice audio tone and ID reading. I dug down and popped a shallow Standing Liberty Quarter. Happy me!

After almost completely grid searching the back yard, I finally got my coil over another good target. I knew it was silver before I even dug. I popped a 1957 Rosie Dime. Whoopee!

When I finished up with the back yard, I decided to go back over the front yard again with the F75DST using the 'boost' mode to see if I missed anything that might have been deeper.

Sure enough I cornered a 1909 Barber Dime that was deep and I think was on edge. This is getting too good, so I decided to call it a day after only 3 hours of detecting. Also I managed to find 12 wheat pennies and some modern coins. It was a warm beautiful sunshiny day.

beephead

Last edited by tabman; Feb 17, 2016 at 03:59 PM.
    CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    17073 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Damn where a Merc whan you need one for the trifecta? Congrats on continuing the streak tabman.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6491 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    Damn where a Merc whan you need one for the trifecta? Congrats on continuing the streak tabman.
    Thanks. I forgot all about that or I would have hung in there a little longer. On one hunt I found a Seated Dime, a Barber Dime, a Mercury Dime and a Rosie. That most likely will never happen again.

beephead
    CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    23090 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Great Hunt!!!

us
    Nov 2012
    Garden Grove, California
    Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
    51 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Congrats on the finds! 3 machines, 2 yards! Nice. Sounds like that Fisher was running hot. What mods are you running on the Cibola? Thanks for sharing.
    -Max
    Live, Love, Dig!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links