Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By tabman
  • 1 Post By Captain Caveman
  • 1 Post By tabman

Thread: Fisher F75-DST Silver Galore - Picture Heavy

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6406 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

Fisher F75-DST Silver Galore - Picture Heavy

I detected a picture perfect 1954 house lot this morning. The house was on a hill, had some big older trees and was built on a huge corner lot. I knew that I was going to have a great day or at least I thought so.

I first started off finding kids' old toy cars, which always a good sign. I worked my butt off grid searching the entire yard and only found 2 wheat pennies and some modern coins. I wasted most of my detecting time on a dry hole. Rats!

Not to be detoured, I headed out to another 1954 house in another area of town. The grassy area in the front yard was only around 30 x 50 feet. I hit pay dirt! Silver coins everywhere. I also found 10 wheat pennies. The pictures tell the story.

After only detecting for only about 20 minutes or so, I noticed a leasing agent showing a house just down the street from me. So that I wouldn't miss her I put my detector back in the car and went down the street to talk to her before she left.

I got permission from her to detect the large corner lot that she was showing and we exchanged telephone numbers. She has a large piece of land that she wants my expert opinion on. I'm retired so my advice is free. Also she has some other old homes that I can detect. It pays to be nice.

Anyway, this is my 19th hunt for the year and I have a total of 64 silver coins, 3 gold rings and some other neat stuff. I'm on a roll!

tabman

CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2229 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    Congratz! I'm afraid I'm going to have to stop reading your posts though. I'm turning a terrible shade of green!
    Loco-Digger likes this.
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

us
    High altitude coinsniffer

Jun 2015
    Colorado Springs CO
    XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
    324 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wow that's amazing! The hits just keep on coming...I'm finally taking the Vaq out tonight to some soccer fields....with minimal disc. I need to get out there!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6406 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by CZconnoisseur View Post
    Wow that's amazing! The hits just keep on coming...I'm finally taking the Vaq out tonight to some soccer fields....with minimal disc. I need to get out there!
    Thanks. Good luck on you hunt tonight. I know that the user and detector are both very capable. You just need to find that right spot to swing your search coil.

tabman
    CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16899 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yet another hunt to add to the streak tabman. You pulled 5 times the silver I have YTD in this one hunt. Can I ask you a question? Why dont you post in Today's Finds forum instead of the Brands forum? I think many miss your posts since they may not look at live posts, look under New Posts, or read the Fisher forum.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    6406 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    Yet another hunt to add to the streak tabman. You pulled 5 times the silver I have YTD in this one hunt. Can I ask you a question? Why dont you post in Today's Finds forum instead of the Brands forum? I think many miss your posts since they may not look at live posts, look under New Posts, or read the Fisher forum.
    Thanks. That's sounds like a winner to me. Today's Finds!

I'm going to take a day or two off from detecting to get some rest. I may instead transplant my tomato seedlings to larger pots. It's important for me to have a good tomato crop, because I use homegrown tomatoes to entice homeowners into letting me detect their yards. It's hard for them to say no to me when I just handed them a sack full of homegrown tomatoes. It's a fair exchange.

tabman
    Loco-Digger likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links