real weight of Fisher F75

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, big fisher fan here. I own a F5 with the 11" DDthat weighs 1378grams. Which is exactly as stated in the specs around the web. A friend of mine recently bought a macro racer 2 that is also stated around the web as 3pounds or the same as the F5 1380 grams . It actually weighs in at 1642 grams which is 250grams more than stated. Personally if I purchased a detector that weighed 1/2 pound more than stated I wouldn't be that pleased.
I was thinking of buying a F75. Can anyone tell me the real world weight of the 75as weighed at home?

Thanks

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3.5lbs - 1.6kg = Fisher F75 website - No idea if its the real weight you were after, however on a positive note -

It appears with the Makro you get more for your money - lol - All jokes aside, I totally understand where you are coming from -

Your mates Racer2 didn't have enviro covers or anything else added did it? The reason I ask is that from my experiences with both Nokta/Makro they are usually accurate in their spec's -

Finally, can you tell me the weight of the F5 with its standard coil attached or is there no difference in weight with either the 10" or the 11" coil fitted? - Cheers

OP
OP
S

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3.5lbs - 1.6kg = Fisher F75 website - No idea if its the real weight you were after, however on a positive note -

It appears with the Makro you get more for your money - lol - All jokes aside, I totally understand where you are coming from -

Your mates Racer2 didn't have enviro covers or anything else added did it? The reason I ask is that from my experiences with both Nokta/Makro they are usually accurate in their spec's -

Finally, can you tell me the weight of the F5 with its standard coil attached or is there no difference in weight with either the 10" or the 11" coil fitted? - Cheers

That was the weight with the 11inch DD. Interestingly the weight of the coil cover was 95 grams, almost a quarter of the weight of the coil! I know it doesnt sound like much but the lighter the better for me. 95 grams feels much heavier when its on the end of the rod.

Is the Racer really that much of a threat to the F75? Something about the racer 2 just didnt feel right to me? Seems solid and well made with lots of features.
I just thought it wasnt well balanced. I was swinging the F5 all day and found silver at 13 inches (sort of loose mulchy soil in a lightly wooded area) and alot of other coins at 4 to 5 inches.
The racer 2 found some buttons and one coin.
Is it just me or do most you tube videos of detecting the guys are zig zagging all over the place with thier coils rather than properly and thouroughly overlapping thier swings? Different topic I know.
Cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread