Fisher F-75 SE vs. Land Ranger Pro

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Land Ranger Pro as my primary Machine. I paid $200 for it some months back. I'm fairly happy with the machine and have a lot of confidence based on the reviews I see and it's growing popularity. But I have a chance to buy a gently used F-75 SE for $500. Budget is a concern and I'd have to part with a MacBook Pro computer to make it happen. My question is does anyone have experience with both of these models and is the 75 that much of an improvement?

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
Yep, the F75 IS an upgrade. In my books, no comparison. Yes, the Land Ranger Pro is a good detector and a good backup, but the F75 just surpasses the abilities of the LRP.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will get faster response in iron and better depth with the F75. The older ones tend to be noisy at high sensitivity if they don't have the DST upgrade. But if you run sensitivity around 65, it quiets down and still goes very deep.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved out of the help section to the correct area for more views.

OP
OP
jjack9977

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys were dead on. First time out of my yard with my new F75 SE. It has amazing depth and with DST I haven't had to back off the sensitivity much at all. Went swimming for the last time this summer at the Barrier Dam in Prattsville NY. My 6 year old and the wife lost the car key in a big sand hole they dug and back filled earlier in the evening. We swam till dark and when I reached for the car key at the end of the night it was gone. Went back down with the F-75 and after sweeping around a while I found it with ease well past a foot down. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473562011.525166.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473562027.513665.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473562076.180798.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473562148.013233.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your find. make sure you read up on how to change frequencies, there are many times I had to switch freq's to quiet the F75 down. You have 7 of them you can cycle through.

OP
OP
jjack9977

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was surprised to learn that. Prior to purchase I thought it was strictly single. I haven't used that feature yet, but yet another bonus to owning it. I am going to miss the 1 by 1 notching of the LRP though. I may have that sold as of tomorrow. Not happy about that but in better times I'll buy another one to ride shotgun.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That F75 will do you right. The frequency selections are minute, not like the XP Deus where you have 4 vastly different freq's to choose from, The Deus also allows for minor adjustments on each of the 4 Freqs. something like a + or - minute adjustments similar to the F75.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I hunt in some areas that have some pretty heavy EMI problems that seem to come and go.
When it is bad I have found switching to another frequency, as slight as difference as they are, really seems to help.
It is recommended that you do another GB after switching frequencies.
Not sure if it really has any effect but I usually do it anyway.

As far as notching I rarely use it on my F70, most times I am in all metal or disc set really low at 1 or 0 with some other pretty high settings a lot of the time and use my brain to discriminate and make digging decisions after watching screen behavior and listening to tones.
This takes practice, some slow coil movements and sharp observational skills but I have become surprisingly successful at doing it this way.

The F75 does have a feature regarding notch that mine does not but I wish it had.
If I set a notch on mine the whole segment is notched out completely no matter where you set it in that segment range.
All tabs, all foil, all nickels or whatever.
On the F75 it has the ability to notch out only 1/2 of the total segment.
At a park on a particular hunt in an area with many types of tabs, at a time I just didn't feel like digging a ton of signals, if I could have notched out the greater amount of higher number tabs and left the less common lower number types in just in case they might have been gold would have been advantageous to me that time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jjack9977

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One area I notice a significant difference between the LRP and the F75 is build quality. The cable is noticeably thicker. The whole machine is far more robust. LRP is still a great machine to have around. In the near future I'll buy another and replace the DD with the 10" elliptical concentric. Next Spring I think I'll also go for a water machine as well. I'm around water all the time in the summer. I have a chance to buy an Fisher Aquanaut for $300. It hasn't sold in months on CL, so I'm hoping the opportunity will stick around for a bit more.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread