Fisher F75 LTD 2 is a killer

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was online today and trying to see the differences between the F75 LTD 2 and the regular F75. I have see the LTD as LTD, LTD 2, Special Limited Edition & Black Version. Man, so many names. Stop the confusion! This is like looking at Mizuno golf club and trying to make sense of the number scheme. They all appear to be the same price 1100. With some having better Bonus Add On features.

The regular F75 seems to be stable at 600. This has add on packages for 150 with different options for added coils and other Bonus Add On features. The main difference between the regular F75 and the Special F75 is the Boost and Cache, right? Is there more to it? Am I over looking something? For a new guy would I notice anything extra or miss something?
They both seem to have: DST Mode (Digital Shielding Technology) for the ultimate in EMI Suppression and FA (Fast Process) — Improved Target Separation. Is boost & cache worth 500?

Not sure if I am over thinking this or not but the special one just about doubles the price. I want to get something decent but didn't really want to spend over 1000 as I am just getting started. I am thinking I will like detecting but a little worried as to where to go to do it and don't want to spend a ton and not get a lot of use out of it. On the other side, I don't want to buy a el cheap-o and then love it and not have a good enough machine.

Man my brain hurts!!!!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should add in that I am comparing 3 vendors from this site and a local company.
I started wanting a F44 but the local guy didn't have one out and I swung a F75 and liked it. So I didnt get to try the unit I first liked. Is the F44 pretty good? If I got that I could get a good digging tool, decent headphones and a Carrot pin pointer and still be about 600.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best I can offer you is to speak with a reputable dealer. I own one I can't figure out which I am looking at with some of the ads and internet sites.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The 85th anniversary edition is advertised everywhere for $599...many dealers are actually selling it lower at $500.
It has DST, most new programs and processes, just about everything the flagship units have except cache and boost.
Because of what you get, the value and ability that is inherent in a close to flagship unit at half the price this is one of the best if not the best deals going on the entire market right now.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did speak with two guys. Didnt offer much other that "Special one had boost and cache"
I was trying to get that good price but both we listed price.
Gonna keep browsing and see if I can rattle some cages!!!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Logically there is more profit in a product that retails for about $1000 vs. one at half that price.
Some dealers wouldn't mention the cheaper ones even if they sold it, others might talk up the lower price one a lot because they understand the value and are not just thinking a one time sale but trying to build a relationship with a customer that might result in future sales on accessories or whatever.
Basically, ya gotta ask, and I know for sure there are a few selling the lower price one discounted to $500 and have been since they came out.

Cache...even Dave J. admitted he never heard of anyone digging up a cache using it but many cache hunters might not ever mention it if they did.

Boost...there are many that would never hunt without it, others never use it.
Great for hovering over corn stalks and grass and other vegetation in the woods and some see a bit more depth with the coil flat on the ground but DE speed can be shockingly deep in many kinds of soils.

The deepest target I ever dug was in good soil in Missouri with my F70 and 11" DD coil and no boost but using both all metal and disc and the thresh and gain was maxed out.
I hit 15" on that one.

In very bad mineralized iron infested soil using the sniper coil I have hit coins at 7-9" again in disc and not using boost.

A personal choice between the mostly loaded and the totally fully equipped flagship units, the large price difference between 2 such capable tools is new, unusual and an anomaly in this hobby and same on the T2 Classic vs. the flagship model in that line.

The good thing is these are all tools that do have the ability and offer the possibility to pay for themselves and do exactly that for many owners no matter what you initially spend on them.

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Logically there is more profit in a product that retails for about $1000 vs. one at half that price.
Some dealers wouldn't mention the cheaper ones even if they sold it, others might talk up the lower price one a lot because they understand the value and are not just thinking a one time sale but trying to build a relationship with a customer that might result in future sales on accessories or whatever.
Basically, ya gotta ask, and I know for sure there are a few selling the lower price one discounted to $500 and have been since they came out.

Cache...even Dave J. admitted he never heard of anyone digging up a cache using it but many cache hunters might not ever mention it if they did.

Boost...there are many that would never hunt without it, others never use it.
Great for hovering over corn stalks and grass and other vegetation in the woods and some see a bit more depth with the coil flat on the ground but DE speed can be shockingly deep in many kinds of soils.

The deepest target I ever dug was in good soil in Missouri with my F70 and 11" DD coil and no boost but using both all metal and disc and the thresh and gain was maxed out.
I hit 15" on that one.

In very bad mineralized iron infested soil using the sniper coil I have hit coins at 7-9" again in disc and not using boost.

A personal choice between the mostly loaded and the totally fully equipped flagship units, the large price difference between 2 such capable tools is new, unusual and an anomaly in this hobby and same on the T2 Classic vs. the flagship model in that line.

The good thing is these are all tools that do have the ability and offer the possibility to pay for themselves and do exactly that for many owners no matter what you initially spend on them.

Thanks Digger. Can you PM me the ones selling it for 500? I will try them.

I guess I should try to see if I can find someone from my area and see what they have to say about the soil and what they use for devices and coils so I can have a better idea of what I should be getting for a setup. Get a combo of what I like, need and should be using.

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
North East Alabama, Section
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
I started detecting in th
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a few minuets ago I heard the door alarm go off, it was Fed-X delivering my upgraded F75 LTD Upgraded. Total time including shipping over tehe weekend was 1 week. Great service. It came in a new box saying Fisher 75 years edition edition but with a sticker that said DST,FA, 4 levels of FE tone, Adjustable audio Pitch. Nowhere does it say LTD or limited Edition.
I did notice that it has a different serial number and had a Kellyco sticker on it than the one I sent in. Now as soon as the weather warms up I can test it out.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you turn it on the display will tell you which version it is. I have an original 2006 F75 special edition (75th anniversary of Fisher) that I sent back for the full upgrade.

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I turn it on now it shows the SN then LE, where as it used to show LTD.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I turn it on now it shows the SN then LE, where as it used to show LTD.

Larry is it a black version or did you have the camo version, LTD's came with these 2 color schemes. Specila Edition (SE) means it has Boost and Cache.

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally it was black and said LTD and did have boost and cash. Its still black and says LE and still has boost and cash but now enhanced. I can only assume LE means Limited Enhanced.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering , I hunt mostly relics in the Woods, So would I use the 'Boost or Cache' Modes ?
Or in others Opinion would I get nearly or the Same Depth as a $500+ Model?

FWIW I recently got my 1266X back in action , & have been really impressed, I have had it for 10 years or so but only got to use it for a year or so before a Battery Box Meltdown.
It's def, heavier than what I'm used to but that big heavier loop hugs the ground like a Snake.

Still want a VDI tho.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wondering , I hunt mostly relics in the Woods, So would I use the 'Boost or Cache' Modes ?
Or in others Opinion would I get nearly or the Same Depth as a $500+ Model?

FWIW I recently got my 1266X back in action , & have been really impressed, I have had it for 10 years or so but only got to use it for a year or so before a Battery Box Meltdown.
It's def, heavier than what I'm used to but that big heavier loop hugs the ground like a Snake.

Still want a VDI tho.

I'd use boost over the cache mode, just be ready for falsing. Cache mode takes a slow swing to work optimally. I have never seriously hunted in cache mode. Many use boost to get down in the dirt especially if the undergrowth keeps them from getting close to the surface of the soil with their coil. I mainly used boost to get a better ID on a deep or iffy signal. In high iron or trashy sites I use my 5"DD with the FA process. When I relic hunt back East I disc out 1-6 and go 2 tone.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go in all metal mode if you are after relics. Boost works there as well.

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To answer your question I dont believe cache and boost are worth the extra $$$. The special $599 version has a new platform and 10 years of development tweaks behind it. Not that Im criticizing the cache or boost or camo paint I just believe the 75 is a fine detector. I personally believe that in DE on a sensible gain setting with a decent sweep speed you wouldnt miss a cache...does anyone here believe you would miss a cache with a 75 while hunting normally?

cheers
Simon

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To answer your question I dont believe cache and boost are worth the extra $$$. The special $599 version has a new platform and 10 years of development tweaks behind it. Not that Im criticizing the cache or boost or camo paint I just believe the 75 is a fine detector. I personally believe that in DE on a sensible gain setting with a decent sweep speed you wouldnt miss a cache...does anyone here believe you would miss a cache with a 75 while hunting normally?

cheers
Simon

using cache mode my F75 can detect my van at almost 4 ft, so depending on how small and the depth of the cache, yes the F75 might not detect it, but on the other hand how many holes do you want to dig at 24 to 48 inches deep?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cheers
Simon

To be honest ,( with any Machine) I have used . If I passed the coil over a Cache , I would think it was LARGE Iron or Deep Trash, Guess it depends on the Site. Esp, I there was said to be a Cache nearby .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
using cache mode my F75 can detect my van at almost 4 ft, so depending on how small and the depth of the cache, yes the F75 might not detect it, but on the other hand how many holes do you want to dig at 24 to 48 inches deep?

Again.
"Depends on the Site"
Man ..So many factors go it to Detecting ,..How to's ?

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got my Updated F75 LTD outside, it was over 80 today and I found the elusive silver dime I burred 5 years ago at 6" It took about 5 minuits searching the same area I had been searching during the drought. The ground is nice and moist now. Its also much quieter than before the upgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread