Fisher 1266 XB

Spader

Greenie
Mar 4, 2007
Guys!
I'm digging in Russia? Far East of it with Fisher 1266 XB for more than 7 years and like the machine.
But recently the thoughts about changing my old detector for a newer one's begun to settle in my head. What do you suggest- if it has a sense to change the 1266 ???; is there anything better-deeper seeking gear?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The newer circuits are faster and id the target more accurately. The newer detectors are usually lighter weight with many more sized coils for all types of hunting.

The Minelabs are quite deep due to many more frequencies with BBS technologies. The high priced ones like the Explorer II and SE do a fine job. The Whites DFX is no slouch either and lots of fun to play with the menus if you like that stuff. Still, the 1266 is still a great machine and you are used to it. A newer detector you will have to relearn, but that is some of the fun for us types that don't have the DVD player clock blinking. Mine is blinking because I just don't give a *&%#. I put duct tape over it.

Read all you can from the manufactures web sites.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
S

Spader

Greenie
Mar 4, 2007
Thanks Sandman!
I'll just buy one more and give myself a chance to compare the two( ole & new ones). My wife'll have a good chance to complain ;D

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a 1266 for years and loved it, now use a Tejon and I like it better. I am not surehow much deeper it is, but seems better at finding coins on edge and small items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread