Questions about Fisher F75

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys, I wanted to thank you all for helping me out when I was looking for a detector.
You guys were very helpful and offered up a ton of info. I appreciate it!
I didn't end up going the F75 route... please don't hate... it did have some nice features but when weighing all the options, look, feel, display, cost, etc it didn't win the battle.
I look forward to getting out with my son to explore, find coins, jewelry, relics and learn about the history of my area. Happy hunting to all!
Thanks! :occasion14:

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
North East Alabama, Section
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
I started detecting in th
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well are yougoing to keep it a secret? What did you get?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up getting a White's TreasurePro.
Was eyeballing the MX Sport as a used machine, as well as the Tek T2 and the F75... man I was going crazy trying to decide what unit to get. Eventually I made a spreadsheet with all the pros & cons and got the TPro and a ton of goodies like pin pointers, diggers, pouches and other stuff to get me and my son all geared up. This will be my starter and we will see where we go and upgrade as needed.

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Own: Fisher F75 LTD, Whites Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta 4000, Whites Eagle Sl, Garrett GTA 1000, Whites PI underwater, Whites Surf Master, Garrett Master Hunter w/ 2 box.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, have fun!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No hate here.

In fact - I'll be glad to go along behind you. ;-)

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No hate here.

In fact - I'll be glad to go along behind you. ;-)

Ouch, low blow bud! LOL! You can come swinging with us anytime!
My buddy already wants to buy it off me. I wish you could mix some of the Fisher goodies with some of the White's goodies.
That would be a sweet machine. It is my starter and we will see where we go from here.

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
33% detector, 33% operator and 33% luck and sometime 95% luck.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was the Fisher F75 Gold Edition a release over Christmas is it the same characteristics of the SE LTD? What would the differences be?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be careful what you are looking at. I have a F75 that says "Gold Edition" and "75 Anniversary" on the box and I bought it new in 2007. Gold shaft. Decals just have an "F" with no model number listed anywhere on the unit.

I did send mine back for the full LTD 2 upgrade.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the Fisher F75 Gold Edition a release over Christmas is it the same characteristics of the SE LTD? What would the differences be?

I bought one of those on sale last Christmas too -- it came with an additional 15-inch coil. It had DST, FA, etc -- everything except the boost process and cache locating process. I just got it back from Fisher with their upgrade, adding in BP and CL.

OP
OP
L

larrylwill

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine came with the standard coil and a 5". Do you find that the 15" is better than the standard one?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine came with the standard coil and a 5". Do you find that the 15" is better than the standard one?

Larry you have the right set of coils. When I started I had dreams of going deep with Boost Mode and a Large coil. I use my 5"DD more than I use my 15" butterfly coil. If you hunt fields and low target dense areas, the larger coil will allow you to cover more ground faster and you will get more depth, but it will add weight to the detector. I use a make shift sling if I plan on swinging the large coil for more than an hour.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I do fair amount of cache hunting, so the 15" coil is a "must" for me, but for overall hunting, the standard coil is the best choice. I also grabbed a 5" coil, as I already know how great a small coil is in trashy environments from my experience with Garrett's Super Sniper coils. I consider a small coil a "must have" for coinshooting, as they can allow you to pick stuff up silver coins in areas nothing else works in. i.e. a homestead with a ton of nails.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do fair amount of cache hunting, so the 15" coil is a "must" for me, but for overall hunting, the standard coil is the best choice. I also grabbed a 5" coil, as I already know how great a small coil is in trashy environments from my experience with Garrett's Super Sniper coils. I consider a small coil a "must have" for coinshooting, as they can allow you to pick stuff up silver coins in areas nothing else works in. i.e. a homestead with a ton of nails.

I too bought the 5" coil. Not only does it pick up more targets in the trash, it is also pretty deep! I dig a few coins at 8+ inches with it so far.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
33% detector, 33% operator and 33% luck and sometime 95% luck.

It's mostly location! It doesn't matter how good you are at using a detector or what detector you're using, you're not going to find anything if it's not there to find.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions