Looking for a new beach detector

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using a Surf PI Pro and a White's Dual Field on salt water beaches, in and out of the water. They work fine. That said, I am getting tired of digging up a zillion bobipins. I have a MXT and a few home made PIs. I was thinking of going to a multi freq detector like the CZ-21. It seems heavy although the Dual Field is front heavy also. i want to be able to do some discrimination in dry sand. I see the price has creeped from $1000 or so to about $1500 now. They have been making the machine for a number of years and it might be hard to tell the age of a used one. Any comments on the CZ-21??

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that the F75's tech is based on that machine. Though the above mentioned machine is made for relic/coin hunting. As I have read the CZ is an outstanding md.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a Whites DFX for sale cheap in the classifieds:occasion14:

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see the price has creeped from $1000 or so to about $1500 now. They have been making the machine for a number of years and it might be hard to tell the age of a used one. Any comments on the CZ-21??

I got mine used for about half of list price. Now I realie that though ti was 2 y/o it was likely never in the water. The paper tag on the battery cover was still completely legible. I have paid for mine in 2 months of hunting. See: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/522365-100-hours-my-cz-21-a.html

BTW: The label is no longer legible ;-)

I am very happy I made the choice I did with the CZ-21.

EDIT:

Silly me. I now see that a month after this post you posted about alernative mounting a CZ-21. Congrats on the purchase.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread