Fisher F22

Kentucky Digger

Mar 29, 2016
Boyd County, KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150', Fisher F22, Garrett pro pointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking at the Fisher F22 metal detector. I've done plenty of research I've come down to ether the F22 or Teknetics Delta 4000. The Delta is at the max price I'm looking to pay. I want something with a VDI screen and get decent depth. I mostly coin hunting with a little relic hunting mixed in. Any advice/reviews about the F22 would be greatly appreciated.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might also look at the Bounty Hunter LRP, about the same cost and better features.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup...$270 for a LRP on Amazon is IMO one of the best deals in all of detecting. While I always say buy from a vendor...if they cannot match it.... :dontknow:

Like the LRP...the F22 and Delta are both 7.7khz Frat Bros machine and will have similar performance...the LRP being the best of the bunch.

F22 is weatherproof....Delta is not. F22 uses 2x AA batteries....Delta uses 1x 9V. F22 has 4 "modes" (jewelry/artifacts/coins/custom).....Delta has 1 disc mode and All Metal mode.

Both have good recovery speed and similar depth..both have pinpointing.

Separation of target should be better with the teardrop on the F22 compared to the 8inch on the Delta. Unmasking will be similar.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread