Alternative Mounting For The CZ-21

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ-21 is a heavy rascal and most of the weight is forward on the shaft. I ran across this setup and am giving it a try>>

Mounting the box upside down on the under side of the shaft back near the cuff. "Floridakitesurfer" on eBay sells a neat kit that includes a custom manufactured mount for the box, stainless hardware, and a replacement cap for the handle including a new stainless cuff screw and nut. You could mount the box with the controls facing the loop or the cuff. If the controls face the loop one can with a little practice reach under the handle and hit the pinpoint button. Placing the box here also allows easy removal of the battery cover. This setup moves the balance point up the shaft. Another option for those that do use the pin point button often would be to saw off the cup mount bottom close to the rod which would allow another 4" or more of allowable box movement allowing even better balance. Getting used to the controls on the bottom should not take too much to learn.

IMG_0254.jpg IMG_0255.jpg IMG_0256.jpg IMG_0257.jpg

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting....I have mine hanging from my neck in Fisher's neck mount. Takes all the weight off the arm.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like it will work well nice ... But i have never seen a blue CZ-21 before.

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have this adapter and I love it. I used the chest harness for about two hours once and that was ok. But I prefer this approach as far as all around usability goes. I can hunt 6 hours or more using this setup and I usually switch arms because my digging arm is tired not because the CZ is too heavy.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE THE HIP MOUNT THAT IS MADE FOR IT AND SOLD BY KELLYCO
I WEAR MINE ACROSS MY CHEST BANDOLIER STYLE - BUT ONLY ON LAND OR
ON WET OR DRY SAND WHICH I DO VERY LITTLE OF - IM A DEEPER WATER GUY

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bracket is a great addition

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's me, the seller on ebay (floridakitesurfer). BTW I recently changed my ebay name to "electronictreasure".

Glad you like it. I still use it myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions