F75 (anniversary) Christmas special detector package

treasuretwosome

Jul 29, 2013
Has anyone seen the Christmas special detector package with extra 15 inch coil and recharge kit for 599.00? The only place I see it is on an eBay site. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480357340.053542.jpg

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet. Teknetics T2 avaliable at $499 with those extras too

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You would think that one of the supporting venders would come here and give us some reason why they do not have that deal. Just some feed back to ones here.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet deal, but I'd rather get the 5" instead of the 15" coil. I love the detector and have 4 coils for mine. At first I thought big coils were king, (the bigger the better). After swinging the f75 for 2 years I am more apt to install the 5" DD more often than the big coil (12" x 15" SEF). The big coil has it's advantages on deep targets where targets are sparse, but the 5" is king in most sites. The 5" coil gets crazy depth for it's size.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet deal, but I'd rather get the 5" instead of the 15" coil. I love the detector and have 4 coils for mine. At first I thought big coils were king, (the bigger the better). After swinging the f75 for 2 years I am more apt to install the 5" DD more often than the big coil (12" x 15" SEF). The big coil has it's advantages on deep targets where targets are sparse, but the 5" is king in most sites. The 5" coil gets crazy depth for it's size.

Totally agree with you re: that 5" coil. Love it. Plus the Tek/Fisher 15" coil is HEAVY and really unbalances the otherwise nicely balanced F75/T2. That coil is much heavier than similar SEF coils by Detech etc.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the NEL 5.5 x 9.5 inch search coil 95% of the time on my F75. It's not too big or too small, it's just right. It gets good depth, has great separation and plenty of coverage with with sweep of the coil. Fisher can keep that jumbo search coil and give me a 5 x 10 or 5 inch search coil instead.

tabman

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the NEL 5.5 x 9.5 inch search coil 95% of the time on my F75. It's not too big or too small, it's just right. It gets good depth, has great separation and plenty of coverage with with sweep of the coil. Fisher can keep that jumbo search coil and give me a 5 x 10 or 5 inch search coil instead.

tabman

Tabman - totally agree with you. If they ran a promo where you mailed in a voucher and could choose a free second accessory coil of any flavor instead of forcing you to take the 15" boat anchor I bet that would boost sales significantly.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think that one of the supporting venders would come here and give us some reason why they do not have that deal. Just some feed back to ones here.

I'm sure any Fisher dealer can, and will get you that package.
Probably just a pain to make website changes for a sale that will only last 30 days.
And like a few have mentioned here who wants that big thing hanging off the end of their beeper, I know I don't want one.
That said it is a sweet deal considering the original cost of the F75, and if you wanted one of those coils.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman - totally agree with you. If they ran a promo where you mailed in a voucher and could choose a free second accessory coil of any flavor instead of forcing you to take the 15" boat anchor I bet that would boost sales significantly.

Boat anchor...haha. I do know a couple of members who like those at least some of the time. But me personally I'd prefer the 5 X 10 like what comes standard on Omega, F70, F5, it has the separation of a 5" with the coverage of a 10", great for gettin between corn stalks, and big enough IMO anyway.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boat anchor...haha. I do know a couple of members who like those at least some of the time. But me personally I'd prefer the 5 X 10 like what comes standard on Omega, F70, F5, it has the separation of a 5" with the coverage of a 10", great for gettin between corn stalks, and big enough IMO anyway.

5X10 is my go to coin shooter on the 75, 5" if I'm in tight spots like scrub brush and fence posts.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How come Kellyco is not offering this package?

I don't know anything about Kellyco, but if they flat out would not do the deal, the reason is they already had a bunch of F75s in stock, and they can't get the "free" coils without ordering more "new stock". That's not hear-say, it's fact.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys,

I know the Xmas specials are over but I have seen a lot of Spring specials and I have been trying to figure what is the best for my son and I.
We are new to Detecting and I was thinking of getting both of us a unit. My son likes the Bounty Hunter Pro Platinum Pro with 8" Concentric Search Coil.
Seems like a pretty decent starter unit as the display is really easy to read and understand.

I was liking some of the Fisher line and was checking out the F44. I like the looks of this one and it has an 11-Inch Triangulated Concentric Elliptical Search Coil. Now thinking I might want to spend a little more on my unit I am checking out the 75 and The AT Pro as everyone seems to rave about that unit and it seems to be able to do anything.

Do any of you seasoned veterans have any feedback, suggestions or thought on these devices? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I posted here as I was looking for info on coils and this thread had good info on 11" and 8" and 5" plus I like some of the Fisher units.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys,

I know the Xmas specials are over but I have seen a lot of Spring specials and I have been trying to figure what is the best for my son and I.
We are new to Detecting and I was thinking of getting both of us a unit. My son likes the Bounty Hunter Pro Platinum Pro with 8" Concentric Search Coil.
Seems like a pretty decent starter unit as the display is really easy to read and understand.

I was liking some of the Fisher line and was checking out the F44. I like the looks of this one and it has an 11-Inch Triangulated Concentric Elliptical Search Coil. Now thinking I might want to spend a little more on my unit I am checking out the 75 and The AT Pro as everyone seems to rave about that unit and it seems to be able to do anything.

Do any of you seasoned veterans have any feedback, suggestions or thought on these devices? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I posted here as I was looking for info on coils and this thread had good info on 11" and 8" and 5" plus I like some of the Fisher units.

The detector your son wants is the same as the Teknetics Gamma, just the Bounty Hunter's version. It's not a bad choice for your son nor is the Land Ranger Pro. For you (I am a Fisher guy) I recommend the F75 over the AT Pro. Never swung the AT Pro, see it has a huge following. I also recommend you go to the Kellyco site and look at the spec.s side by side and watch some videos online. The AT Pro is a good buy for the price, but since Fisher reduced the price of the F75 to compete with the AT Pro and other detectors in that price range I'd rather pay $599 for a detector that used to cost almost $800 just a year ago. JMHO GL&HH

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The detector your son wants is the same as the Teknetics Gamma, just the Bounty Hunter's version. It's not a bad choice for your son nor is the Land Ranger Pro. For you (I am a Fisher guy) I recommend the F75 over the AT Pro. Never swung the AT Pro, see it has a huge following. I also recommend you go to the Kellyco site and look at the spec.s side by side and watch some videos online. The AT Pro is a good buy for the price, but since Fisher reduced the price of the F75 to compete with the AT Pro and other detectors in that price range I'd rather pay $599 for a detector that used to cost almost $800 just a year ago. JMHO GL&HH

Thanks for your reply!
I flew to the local place at lunch to check the units out in person and they didnt have a F44 for me to hold but in comparing the F75 to the AT Pro I liked the F75 much more. It was a really nice unit. A little lighter and was a good fit as I worried being 6"6". I think I found my Detector!!!

I will look at the Land Ranger Pro & Teknetics Gamma as you suggested. I did see the Bounty Hunter Pro and it was a really nice unit. Easy to use and read the display as well as really light. I am kind of psyched to get started!!!

Gonna browse around to see who will give me the best package deal on two new setups.

Thanks again!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you feel tha you might need to make the detector a little longer you can always get a BH lower shaft. The BH lower shafts are 26" long where as the fisher lower shafts are only 20" long. The BH Platinum is a good detector and is very similar to the Teknetics Gama. First Texas owns Fisher Research Labs, Bounty Hunter and Teknetics. I do believe as others do that the BH Land Ranger Pro is the best bang for the buck since it comes with many of the features that are standard on other more expensive machines. I also like that it comes with the DD coil. Some like concentric coils, but I favor the DD coils. You can cover more ground faster at max depth with less overlapping of swings. Look at the 2 pics I pasted below, it illustrates what I am saying about the coil types. GL & HH

concentric_searchcoil.jpg double_d_searchcoil.jpg

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the added info. They sales guy did mention the longer lower shaft available. He set it up at max and it was good for me but I might consider the other shaft as well.
The F75 has a package with 2 coils, 11 & 15 both DD's and another package with 11, 15 and a 5 CC for more $$$
Browsing now to see who has the best deal for me as now I am at 600 where the F44 had me at 350.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
many of us started out on the cheap, not certain if we'd like the hobby. A few months later I upgraded to a Fisher F4 and fell in love with the DD coil. 6 months later I bought my F75LTDSE. If you know your going to like the hobby I would pass on the F44 and go with the F75. If you plan on swining that 15" coil for any amount of time I recommend you also buy a swingy thingy or make your own harness. I use my 5"DD coil way more than I use my 15" coil. Make sure you get a pin pointer to.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
many of us started out on the cheap, not certain if we'd like the hobby. A few months later I upgraded to a Fisher F4 and fell in love with the DD coil. 6 months later I bought my F75LTDSE. If you know your going to like the hobby I would pass on the F44 and go with the F75. If you plan on swining that 15" coil for any amount of time I recommend you also buy a swingy thingy or make your own harness. I use my 5"DD coil way more than I use my 15" coil. Make sure you get a pin pointer to.

Thanks Loco-Digger, you have been a big help!
I will post up what I get... hopefully soon! A pin pointer is on my list as well. Lots of goodies to get, wish I was a kid and could just make a Xmas list! LOL
Thanks again! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions