Anyone care to perform a test and report back.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realize that there is metal embedded in ALL types of flooring right ?

OP
OP
H

Happy_Hour

Feb 26, 2011
My Camper Van.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher 1266, Teknetics Turbo.
I am asking for someone with a F series to perform this test, that is all. I tried this test outside and still my Fishers failed.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And probably metal in that sofa frame.

Take them outside away from home wiring and underfloor piping.

Air tests are like campaign promises.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I tried this test using my F70 using a small phonebook and another book that added up to about 2-3" thick plus a rusty nail approximately the same size as yours...and failed.
Totally silent when the nail was placed directly over the coin.

On the other hand in the real world at least two times my results were totally different.
One hole I opened up had this big ol' nail in it right in the center.
I got that out and kept digging down about 2 more inches going after a good high tone I heard when I first swung over this spot and in the center of that hole laying directly under that nail was a dime.
P1040845_zpscqkg1erj.jpg

At another site with crazy amounts of iron from tiny to huge I came across this other good target/ bad target combination deeper than that first one.
I got a jumpy signal but still had a few indications that there was a higher than iron conductive target somewhere down there.
I dug down and found this square nail at 5".
Once again I continued to dig and found this coin that was again laying about 2" deeper directly under that nail.
I mean dead center under it.

ho6zwxr.jpg

Air tests are one thing, real world results can be totally different.
To many issues that can affect things, soil matrix, moisture levels and who knows what else.

This test is interesting but I don't hunt in libraries, I rarely come across targets buried under books and I have found enough great targets hiding under, near, next to and surrounded by all kinds and amounts of iron to not worry about this stuff...at all.
I am pretty confident if I come across a high conductive target near iron with my F series Fisher I think I have a pretty good chance of finding it.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I need to try this test with both my CTX and Excal! Thanks for posting your video!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread