Jan 27, 2017
RI
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Been using a Fisher F2 for a year and its great. Just got a Fisher CZ-5 and just starting to play around with it as I wanted something to go on the beach with. I've noticed while testing it in the back yard that it seems to be a bit slower with the audio tone than the fisher F2. Anyone else notice this? I've also just picked up the Detectnix wireless headset as well, so that could be something as well as I'm not use to wearing headphones.

Seems like no matter how fast I swung the F2 the audio tone seemed to be in time with the target, but it doesn't seem that way with the CZ-5. Kind of hard to describe, maybe its all in my head.

I will say, I fully expect my results to improve with the CZ-5. Yesterday I found a little piece of who the hell knows what about 9" down that I never would have found with the F2. Took me a few minutes with the pinpointer along with a few WTF's to find it. Turned out to be a piece of who knows what made out of aluminum.

RIMike

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How are you doing with your cz? I just got a cz6 but has a broken discrimination knob and the screen works when she likes to

Blissterd1

Oct 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
.... Just got a Fisher CZ-5 and just starting to play around with it as I wanted something to go on the beach with. I've noticed while testing it in the back yard that it seems to be a bit slower with the audio tone than the fisher F2. Anyone else notice this? I've also just picked up the Detectnix wireless headset as well, so that could be something as well as I'm not use to wearing headphones.

Seems like no matter how fast I swung the F2 the audio tone seemed to be in time with the target, but it doesn't seem that way with the CZ-5. Kind of hard to describe, maybe its all in my head.

RIMike

Greetings from Blissterd1 in Tulsa! I have a CZ5 and a CZ6A and I dearly love them! I own White's DFX, Spectrum XLT, Prizm V and others but they are now in closet gathering dust! (oh, if I could just convert them all to a new Minelab Equinox 800!) Fisher's RULE! I have a suspicion about your issue with timing of tone with target. I have a feeling that it is being caused by the wireless headphones. They can cause delay depending on the technology of the wireless. Old school wireless has a most definite delay but even Bluetooth wireless can cause this. Does the issue go away if you use the CZ5 speaker? If so it's the wireless that is adding the delay! Hope this helps! You can't easily match the depth and ease of use of the CZ's! I bought a Sun Ray Invader inline probe for mine and use my trusty Fisher or White's headphones (wired) and have never looked back! I can coinshoot like a madman with this rig! The CZ5 is awesome at finding nickels too. If your finding nickels then you WILL find gold. I finally found my first gold ring with the CZ5 two days after I bought it! That was three years ago and my treasure box just gets heavier!

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread