OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I have been off work for the week and able to go out and hunt every day. Today I started digging more high foil to low zinc range. I was amazed at how many coins I dug! These were mostly bouncing signals. Couple were low 20's into the mid 40's but sounded good and tight, and pinpointed small. Few nickels, and even a couple wheats were dug. I was surprised how low the pennies rang up! Also kind of wild how the nickels got into the 40's but I guess the whole up average thing is true! Also got a couple military buttons, and a marble in these signals.

I only dug these when it showed decent depth. Just wonder how many things I've passed up now! I may just start digging all deep non ferrous signals. So many things it could be.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The nickels around here ring in between 29 & 32 in my area, North Central Ohio.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The nickels around here ring in between 29 & 32 in my area, North Central Ohio.

That is typically where mine come in at too.....but it seems nickels, and pennies do vary? At least for me they were yesterday. Strange.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is typically where mine come in at too.....but it seems nickels, and pennies do vary? At least for me they were yesterday. Strange.

You do understand that pennies prior to 1983 are more copper and 83 to the present they are mad of zinc

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You do understand that pennies prior to 1983 are more copper and 83 to the present they are mad of zinc

I knew that.....but I saw them ringin in at those very low numbers. You would have thought it was going to be a pull tab, and out pops a penny. I really do thing the dig everything way is smart to a degree. Just from what I've been witnessing.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew that.....but I saw them ringin in at those very low numbers. You would have thought it was going to be a pull tab, and out pops a penny. I really do thing the dig everything way is smart to a degree. Just from what I've been witnessing.

Must be something under or over that coin in the dirt for it to not ring in correctly IMHO

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These darn mercs whisper at you! Seems jewelry screams, and dimes are faint. Possibly the lack of thickness the other coins have?? My barber quarter had the same signal as the mercs, but it was just a LITTLE bit louder. Both were about 5 inches down

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread