Anyone using the F44?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
It sounds like a great machine, has the Fisher DNA running through it plus weatherproof on top of it all.
No bigger Fisher fan out there than me, I used an F2 for three seasons and mine paid for itself 10X's over, literally, in the clad and silver and gold jewelry I found hunting mostly private parks.
I upgraded to the way more advanced F70 and have paid for that one too at least twice over if not more in three years.
Mine was actually paid for within months of purchasing and I have gone on to even more jaw dropping experiences because of the huge amount of settings and ability that F70 offers because it is one step below their Flagship product...The F75.

If everything was status quo I would say the F44 at the top end of the entry unit line would be a great investment...but things are not status quo.
First Texas is about to shock the hobby with the release of a few new units that we know for sure are coming out soon in the lower price range and there might even be more coming out at the higher end eventually but they are very quiet about those, if real, at this point.

The three new Ameriteks they have announced are supposedly a rebranding of three if their products already existing in their lines, three very capable products the Euro Tek Pro, the Land Ranger Pro and my beloved Fisher F70.
A new pricing and merchandising structure for these three and all the particulars are not announced yet but the top of the line of these three, the Patriot is supposedly going to be priced at $449....plus there might be further discounts from there maybe even to below that $400 threshold.
The Patriot IS assumed to be a direct clone of the F70 and if this is so nothing like this with so many options and features or abilities has ever been offered at such a low price in this industry before.
If you are thinking about an F44 and that waterproofing is important to you that us one thing, if it is not I would wait a few weeks and see what is happening with this new one.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/teknetics/532374-teknetics-ameritek-series.html

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched plenty of videos on this detector, I am a Fisher guy, but it seems to me it is hard to get a constant VDI when swinging over targets, The numbers jump more than I am used to. I swing the F75 myself.

JConis

Greenie
Mar 10, 2017
Pilot Mound, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 &F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the F44 and the VDI is only jumpy when around junk. On a coin, it will by steady, and it really likes dimes.

Jeff

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the F44 and the VDI is only jumpy when around junk. On a coin, it will by steady, and it really likes dimes.

Jeff
Thats a first Texas for ya,likes dimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread