Wireless Headphone Questions...

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved this request from General Discussion over to Fisher Research Labs for more exposure.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the new Garrett Z-link and love them. No lag what so ever.
Gary from Oregon

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received the Deteknix transmitter and receiver that work with standard headphones ($89). They work great, no lag, but they only work for about 4 hours. Deteknix has a wireless transmitter and a headphone setup that lasts for about 10 hours.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just for clarity the Z-link has 30 hours of battery life... I paid $127.45 delivered to Oregon form Bart at Big Boys Hobbies.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We were discussing headphones on the Tesoro thread recently, I found this article researching wireless.

Wireless Metal Detector Headphones For Under $25 - (D.I.Y and Ready Made) - Treasure Hunter Depot

While bluetooth has improved, seems the 2.4g models are better.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tesoro/532809-headphones-let-s-open-can-worms.html

I haven't tried them yet, but I'm looking forward to it this summer.

I actually have the fm transmitter in that article. The sound is horrible, although that could be from all the stations competing for bandwidth in my area. Might work well in a rural setting, or maybe with a stronger transmitter. I've tried a number of different systems, including some popular ones, but never found anything that worked well on my Fisher/Tek machines. The problem I've always run into is that the ones that sound good are too laggy, and the ones with no lag distort the audio. Haven't tried the Deteknix or the Garretts yet. Thinking about the Z-links.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread