Fisher F70

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks I must be nuts I just bought and AT pro but last weekend... But i stumbled across an F70 for $340 that includes a digger pouch and carry bag. It looks to be barely used. Is this a decent deal? Id like to have a backup detector in case my buddies want to try the hobby out etc and this one is intriguing. So.. decent price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Yea, I would say so for a $6-700 detector.
I got mine for $400, they will probably lower the price on new ones because there is stuff going on at FTP and they are also coming out with a clone...the Patriot.
None are going to match that $340 price, however.

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, I would say so for a $6-700 detector.
I got mine for $400, they will probably lower the price on new ones because there is stuff going on at FTP and they are also coming out with a clone...the Patriot.
None are going to match that $340 price, however.

Okay great! Thanks for the reply I feel better getting it as a backup [emoji106][emoji106]

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Okay great! Thanks for the reply I feel better getting it as a backup [emoji106][emoji106]

Backup?
Don't be surprised if that changes one day.
This one has some unbelievable abilities...if you learn it.
I have gone as deep as 15" with mine so far in good dirt, just a few inches less with a sniper.
Insane amounts of iron or trash...no problem.
Mineralization...it can handle it extremely well, I have friends here that can't believe the depth I get in my devil dirt and what I am finding.
About a million setting combinations possible, you might not believe what this thing can do, anywhere under any conditions with the right ones.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/523859-loving-f70-so-far.html

I know people that use the Pro for the wetwork, on land the F70 always gets the call.
You will have two excellent detectors...one day it might be a problem figuring out which one to go with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Backup?
Don't be surprised if that changes one day.
This one has some unbelievable abilities...if you learn it.
I have gone as deep as 15" with mine so far in good dirt, just a few inches less with a sniper.
Insane amounts of iron or trash...no problem.
Mineralization...it can handle it extremely well, I have friends here that can't believe the depth I get in my devil dirt and what I am finding.
About a million setting combinations possible, you might not believe what this thing can do, anywhere under any conditions with the right ones.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/523859-loving-f70-so-far.html

I know people that use the Pro for the wetwork, on land the F70 always gets the call.
You will have two excellent detectors...one day it might be a problem figuring out which one to go with.

Awesome! Thanks for the information. I usually dive deep in the learning curve, so I assume this one will be similar. I'll post some pictures when I get it!!

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I got it! IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0615.JPG IMG_0612.JPG

Looks great! And it's apparently from Kellyco. The guy I bought it from was a pastor super nice guy!

I've got a lot of reading to do!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Son and I both swing F70's, love them! You got a sweet deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread