Fisher F75 10 inch Concentric Search Coil

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got one for my F75DST. So far with the little testing testing that I've done around the yard it seems to be worth the money that I spent. It gets great depth and handles pry caps with ease. I'll know more when I get to use it out in the field.

Anyone else been using one?

tabman

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me but I usually find aftermarket coils better than stock. With my upgrade I have found there was no need to get away from the stock coil. If it balances the machine out or is lighter its definitely a plus. Isnt that coil better suited for like wet sand though? Why do you think it handles caps and tabs better? I would think there is better separation with a smaller coil. I have seen these coils but know nothing about them. Following thread.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not me but I usually find aftermarket coils better than stock. With my upgrade I have found there was no need to get away from the stock coil. If it balances the machine out or is lighter its definitely a plus. Isnt that coil better suited for like wet sand though? Why do you think it handles caps and tabs better? I would think there is better separation with a smaller coil. I have seen these coils but know nothing about them. Following thread.

Concentric search coils discriminate better than wide-scan search coils. The concentric search coil won't high tone on a pry cap like a wide-scan search coil will.

tabman

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011

Because of the shape separation is startlingly close to a DD.
It acts kind of like a sniper, lower the sense down to he 30-40 range and it thinks it is a sniper.
I find lots of jewelry with both the big and small DD but the way silver and gold sound using this coil is pretty amazing in multi tones but most others too.
It is not the same as the DD's, the response is different....better in some way especially on precious metals.
Also those pop tops...not an issue in the slightest, neither are DD's much but concentrics are even faster and more efficient at this.

The beach is the one place I haven't tried it, probably will work fine but not sure why you would make that comment about a site like that but I am sure there is some logic there.

It is a great all around coil, I don't use it all the time but it does make it into the rotation and I smile every time I hear that first tone on a hunt.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sure wish they'd make a 7 inch round concentric search coil for the F70 and F75.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the 10 inch elliptical concentric search coil out for a spin today. LINK

tabman

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Ahhh....

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 147

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd be curious how the DD and concentric perform on the F75 for depth on the same target. IE a test garden where the both Bp and DE are used with the same sensitivity level on known depth targets.

As a relic digger I'm all about depth particularly when detecting in farm fields or timber tracts where past events have turned items under.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I'd be curious how the DD and concentric perform on the F75 for depth on the same target. IE a test garden where the both Bp and DE are used with the same sensitivity level on known depth targets.

As a relic digger I'm all about depth particularly when detecting in farm fields or timber tracts where past events have turned items under.

Never tested in a garden but in the field using both for a ton of hours this is what I noticed.
In almost perfect soil, black loamy with very little mineralization, the big DD was deeper.
I got as far as 10" on some targets with the concentric, very happy with that since those really deep targets are rare and most of the good stuff I found were still around 6-7"...came across a few good coins at 8-9".
Got a couple of really deep targets past that in audio only using the concentric where the screen goes blank but never dug them because I hunted mostly public parks...didn't think they were good targets anyway but I will never know.
The big DD was definitely deeper and could ID pretty accurately up to the 12" or so area, dug one target at a measured 15" that ID'd in the foil to nickel area and it was a thumb ringer off of an old bicycle bell that air tested in that range.
Most other targets past 12" would give you that audio but again the screen goes blank so that one was unusual.

I moved to the SE. and usually hunt in areas with much more mineralization plus old spots that had homes and neighborhoods knocked down so lots of iron...plus due to the history of this city usually lots of extra iron.
Here the concentric found a great silver target easily at the 7-8" area in some rare good black dirt with solid non jumping correct VDI info but most of the time I can trust it to get me to where I want to be at 6" and deeper in the bad stuff maybe but the signal gets all screwed up.
Mostly all targets here past 4-5" are screwed up with jumping skewed signals using any coil, I have found a ton deeper but I had to learn a new language...use new behavior and indicators to do it.

The big DD does seem to lock on better on the bit deeper targets here than the concentric, and the 5"DD has done just as well for me here and I have dug great targets up to the 8-9" here so far in the really bad stuff.
I can get signals past that, I have used the pinpointer and gotten depth readings up to 12" with that coil, the big DD and maybe one or two with the concentric but haven't dug one of them so far as I suspect they were deep iron and even in good conditions the soil here is difficult to dig in.
In the good soil out west the sniper matched everything the concentric could do in depth, might even could get a bit deeper if you can believe that.
Here, all of them seem more equal but the DD's still find me more.

What people say about DD's handling hot soil better seems to be true.

I use all of them and also discovered that settings matter when trying to get deeper here and notice the good stuff that is masked.
DP works great, is stable and pretty deep on the DD's, the concentric doesn't penetrate really far in that tone option and everything is pretty jumpy.

Using other tones and all metal I get different results so I use many depending on the site.

For precious metals and silver coins the concentric just sounds super sweet in its response on all tone options but in multi tones especially for me.
Hunting for jewelry and coins that are not super deep I love using the concentric, the sound and response on targets is special to my ears and senses.

For going super deep and covering a lot of area efficiently the big DD gets the call.
In heavy trash and/or iron I use the sniper...since that is common for most of my sites around here I use that one more than others most of the time.

For your purposes it is a no brainer....use the big DD, that is what I would do, anyway.

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post Digger got alote out of that., Thanks again for expressing your thoughts on the larger DD coil to the concentric on the various depth and type of targets your are hunting in. My next coil if I were to get another 8" donut. Oops sorry this is a Fisher forum my bad never mind, disregard as I just got caught up in your post again.

HH

Last edited:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Nice post Digger got alote out of that., Thanks again for expressing your thoughts on the larger DD coil to the concentric on the various depth and type of targets your are hunting in. My next coil if I were to get another 8" donut. Oops sorry this is a Fisher forum my bad never mind, disregard as I just got caught up in your post again.

HH

I do have a Vaq and I got a big DD coil long ago hoping to combat this mineralized soil and get deeper.
Never really happened, even using supertuning but this was years ago and I know a lot more about hunting in this soil now and have more skills than I did back then so things could be different now.
Don't pull out the Vaq out much nowadays and when I do I have the concentric sniper mounted but one day I will but the big DD back on and see what I can do.
Using the Fisher I do believe I can get deeper in this soil with it than the Vaq or at least ID targets better using the audio and screen info combined so ultimately dig a higher volume of targets while digging the least amount of trash.
Still, using my Vaq and Compadre is still much fun to use for me so even though I don't use them a lot they will never be sold.

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefered the little elliptical concentric on my F5 to the DD. The balance was much nicer and the pinpointing better and the depth not much different. It makes a difference going into small spaces / between salt bush etc.
I enquired about a concentric eliptical for my 75. Still waiting for a reply from the agent. Is it much lighter than the stock DD?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own any and would like to know how the elliptical performs compared to stock coil. Seen a few videos and wasn't impressed.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I don't own any and would like to know how the elliptical performs compared to stock coil. Seen a few videos and wasn't impressed.

Like I said it is all about he sweet tones, this great response and how it homes in on most targets especially jewelry for some reason.
There are deeper coils but none sound sweeter.

Watching vids won't do it...you have to put it on, listen and see how well it finds things and for me that's impressive.
I will never get rid of mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread