Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By PirateLabs
  • 2 Post By Phishfindr
  • 2 Post By chub
  • 1 Post By PirateLabs
  • 2 Post By Vern2

Thread: I Just Ordered A New F22!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    Fisher F22 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    102
    125 times
    Metal Detecting

    I Just Ordered A New F22!

    I just ordered a new F22 from Kellyco. I was undecided between that and the Eurotek Pro but, the weather proofing and smaller coil footprint sold me on the F22. I am looking forward to receiving it.

    Bill
    Detectorist

  2. #2

    Apr 2017
    CT
    Fisher F22, White's TRX
    9
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi Bill,

    How do you like your F22? I bought one in March as well. I've used it in my yard, in the woods, and at the beach. I am new to detecting, but can tell you that I am having a blast with mine. And I'm still on the original 2 AA batteries. I have found a bunch of coins (all clad so far), various metal objects, including brass, lead, and steel, and loads of beer tabs, bottle caps, and soda/beers cans. (too many!) I even found an old license plate almost a foot deep in my lawn.

    I also picked up a Whites TRX pin pointer. It really speeds up digs.

    Happy Hunting!

    Tom
    PirateLabs and Casca like this.

  3. #3

    Apr 2017
    123
    90 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I wonder how it compares to the old F2?

    Chub
    PirateLabs and Loco-Digger like this.

  4. #4
    us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    Fisher F22 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    102
    125 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishfindr View Post
    Hi Bill,

    How do you like your F22? I bought one in March as well. I've used it in my yard, in the woods, and at the beach. I am new to detecting, but can tell you that I am having a blast with mine. And I'm still on the original 2 AA batteries. I have found a bunch of coins (all clad so far), various metal objects, including brass, lead, and steel, and loads of beer tabs, bottle caps, and soda/beers cans. (too many!) I even found an old license plate almost a foot deep in my lawn.

    I also picked up a Whites TRX pin pointer. It really speeds up digs.

    Happy Hunting!

    Tom
    Tom:

    I really like it. As you mentioned, not only can we use readily available AA batteries but, they really last a long time. I bought some really good rechargeable AA's I am going to try also. There are many features I like but really, at my age, that large screen and readout is very nice....and the unit is weatherproof. The programs are really well thought out for most hunting applications and...the only thing I did change was to add a Garrett handgrip which is a lot thicker and, I also left the stock grip on the shaft near the arm cup .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-03-23_18-29-43_706.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1,023.8 KB 
ID:	1453294

    Bill
    Last edited by PirateLabs; May 19, 2017 at 11:12 PM.
    Casca likes this.
    Detectorist

  5. #5
    us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    Fisher F22 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    102
    125 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    I wonder how it compares to the old F2?

    Chub
    I think I remember reading a review before I ordered mine and they said it worked better because it had several additional features. (Weatherproofing, maybe?) What those were, I can not speak to as I have never used an F2 but, I think it is safe to say that Fisher did not take a step backwards when they introduced this. Maybe some others here can comment that have used both?

    Bill

    PS If I can find that review, I will edit and post a link to it here.

    ***EDIT*** Found it: http://metaldetectorreviews.net/dete...hp?x=357&y=201

    Looks like it says better depth, weatherproof control box and 2 AA batteries rather than two 9 volts with the F2.
    Last edited by PirateLabs; May 19, 2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Detectorist

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Vern

    Jan 2017
    Leesburg Ga
    Tesoro DeLeon Delta 4000 Garrett carrot, Makro PP Lesche shovel and knife Killer B's head phones
    373
    348 times
    Metal Detecting
    Bill
    Just wondering if you have any other comments and opinions about your new F22.
    I just took delivery on one, but I won't get to give it a go for another month or more.
    Sure hope you are still liking it.
    Vern

  7. #7

    Apr 2017
    CT
    Fisher F22, White's TRX
    9
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good to hear Bill!

    Enjoy!

    Tom

  8. #8

    Feb 2017
    Pa
    Fisher f75, tesoro conquistador
    286
    336 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    2 AA batteries? Talk about efficiency. Sounds like a neat little machine with nice features for the price!

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Vern

    Jan 2017
    Leesburg Ga
    Tesoro DeLeon Delta 4000 Garrett carrot, Makro PP Lesche shovel and knife Killer B's head phones
    373
    348 times
    Metal Detecting
    The quality of the screen housing is what surprised me the most. I've bought and sold both the Standard Makro Racer, and the Gamma 6000. The F22 housing is equal or better than both. Probably because it is water resistant.

    With the 7" round concentric coil, it is one more very light machine.
    HighVDI and PirateLabs like this.

  10. #10
    us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    Fisher F22 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    102
    125 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    2 AA batteries? Talk about efficiency. Sounds like a neat little machine with nice features for the price!
    Yes, it is very efficient and...I have some very good rechargreable AA's but...even if I bought new ones ever time...it saves me tons of money over buying 9 volt bats. Plus, depending upon where you are hunting...almost every store has AA batteries...not so much the 9 volt ones. I always carry enogh bats to last like 3 days for a one day hunt but...there is a serious money savings here.

    Bill
    Detectorist

  11. #11
    us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    Fisher F22 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    102
    125 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern2 View Post
    Bill
    Just wondering if you have any other comments and opinions about your new F22.
    I just took delivery on one, but I won't get to give it a go for another month or more.
    Sure hope you are still liking it.
    Vern
    No worries...yes...I really do love this machine. It will take me a while to get very proficient with it but...so far, I am doing well in my opinion.
    I predict that you will really like yours...just give it a chance and...watch videos on youtube on how to get the most from it. Let me know how it goes once you get in the field with it. I wish you the best of luck.

    Bill
    Detectorist

  12. #12
    us
    Feb 2017
    Kentucky
    Fisher F22 Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    102
    125 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern2 View Post
    The quality of the screen housing is what surprised me the most. I've bought and sold both the Standard Makro Racer, and the Gamma 6000. The F22 housing is equal or better than both. Probably because it is water resistant.

    With the 7" round concentric coil, it is one more very light machine.
    Mine has the tear drop coil, which is very handy to get into places that are restricted by surrounding obstacles. I just felt that the weatherproof housing was a real plus because...how many times do we get out in the field with a great weather report and then...everything goes to hell and you are caught in a downpour? Well, now, with this machine...you need not worry about your expensive equipment being destroyed by the storm. In my opinion, for the kind of money we spend on these machines...ALL of them should be constructed to resist weather that we might actually run in to while hunting. I am not talking about scuba diving with it...just having it survive a sudden summer rainstorm. I believe the F22 will do so easily although, I have not tested that aspect personally....yet.

    Bill
    Detectorist

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Just ordered an F70 for my son
    By fish1on in forum Big Boys Hobbies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 02, 2016, 06:10 PM
  2. Just ordered an AT Pro
    By timwilcox in forum Garrett
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Apr 05, 2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Ordered first box
    By Copperhead in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 02, 2007, 10:01 PM
  4. Just ordered my ACE 250!
    By Stacylee926 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 21, 2007, 06:28 PM
  5. New to MD. Just ordered an ACE 250.
    By sbrowncpr in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 18, 2006, 11:14 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0