I Just Ordered A New F22!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Bill,

How do you like your F22? I bought one in March as well. I've used it in my yard, in the woods, and at the beach. I am new to detecting, but can tell you that I am having a blast with mine. And I'm still on the original 2 AA batteries. I have found a bunch of coins (all clad so far), various metal objects, including brass, lead, and steel, and loads of beer tabs, bottle caps, and soda/beers cans. (too many!) I even found an old license plate almost a foot deep in my lawn.

I also picked up a Whites TRX pin pointer. It really speeds up digs.

Happy Hunting!

Tom

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how it compares to the old F2?

Chub

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Bill,

How do you like your F22? I bought one in March as well. I've used it in my yard, in the woods, and at the beach. I am new to detecting, but can tell you that I am having a blast with mine. And I'm still on the original 2 AA batteries. I have found a bunch of coins (all clad so far), various metal objects, including brass, lead, and steel, and loads of beer tabs, bottle caps, and soda/beers cans. (too many!) I even found an old license plate almost a foot deep in my lawn.

I also picked up a Whites TRX pin pointer. It really speeds up digs.

Happy Hunting!

Tom

Tom:

I really like it. As you mentioned, not only can we use readily available AA batteries but, they really last a long time. I bought some really good rechargeable AA's I am going to try also. There are many features I like but really, at my age, that large screen and readout is very nice....and the unit is weatherproof. The programs are really well thought out for most hunting applications and...the only thing I did change was to add a Garrett handgrip which is a lot thicker and, I also left the stock grip on the shaft near the arm cup . 2017-03-23_18-29-43_706.jpg

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder how it compares to the old F2?

Chub

I think I remember reading a review before I ordered mine and they said it worked better because it had several additional features. (Weatherproofing, maybe?) What those were, I can not speak to as I have never used an F2 but, I think it is safe to say that Fisher did not take a step backwards when they introduced this. Maybe some others here can comment that have used both?

Bill

PS If I can find that review, I will edit and post a link to it here.

***EDIT*** Found it: http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/compare.php?x=357&y=201

Looks like it says better depth, weatherproof control box and 2 AA batteries rather than two 9 volts with the F2.

Last edited:

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill
Just wondering if you have any other comments and opinions about your new F22.
I just took delivery on one, but I won't get to give it a go for another month or more.
Sure hope you are still liking it.
Vern

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to hear Bill!

Enjoy!

Tom

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 AA batteries? Talk about efficiency. Sounds like a neat little machine with nice features for the price!

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The quality of the screen housing is what surprised me the most. I've bought and sold both the Standard Makro Racer, and the Gamma 6000. The F22 housing is equal or better than both. Probably because it is water resistant.

With the 7" round concentric coil, it is one more very light machine.

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 AA batteries? Talk about efficiency. Sounds like a neat little machine with nice features for the price!

Yes, it is very efficient and...I have some very good rechargreable AA's but...even if I bought new ones ever time...it saves me tons of money over buying 9 volt bats. Plus, depending upon where you are hunting...almost every store has AA batteries...not so much the 9 volt ones. I always carry enogh bats to last like 3 days for a one day hunt but...there is a serious money savings here.

Bill

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill
Just wondering if you have any other comments and opinions about your new F22.
I just took delivery on one, but I won't get to give it a go for another month or more.
Sure hope you are still liking it.
Vern

No worries...yes...I really do love this machine. It will take me a while to get very proficient with it but...so far, I am doing well in my opinion.
I predict that you will really like yours...just give it a chance and...watch videos on youtube on how to get the most from it. Let me know how it goes once you get in the field with it. I wish you the best of luck.

Bill

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The quality of the screen housing is what surprised me the most. I've bought and sold both the Standard Makro Racer, and the Gamma 6000. The F22 housing is equal or better than both. Probably because it is water resistant.

With the 7" round concentric coil, it is one more very light machine.

Mine has the tear drop coil, which is very handy to get into places that are restricted by surrounding obstacles. I just felt that the weatherproof housing was a real plus because...how many times do we get out in the field with a great weather report and then...everything goes to hell and you are caught in a downpour? Well, now, with this machine...you need not worry about your expensive equipment being destroyed by the storm. In my opinion, for the kind of money we spend on these machines...ALL of them should be constructed to resist weather that we might actually run in to while hunting. I am not talking about scuba diving with it...just having it survive a sudden summer rainstorm. I believe the F22 will do so easily although, I have not tested that aspect personally....yet.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread