Is the f75 really a deep machine?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd say yes, for sure. I'm growing to love this thing. Got a few hundred hours on it by now and starting to gain a little confidence. I dug this washer/possible button up. After I dug, and dug down I pinpointed this object and plucked it out with my fingers. Then set the pinpointer down in the hole and there was an easy 2-3 inches to ground level! 9" plus 2"+. This wasn't a booming signal by any means but definitely very audible! It is thin too. I have confidence that the f75 will hit even deeper with a larger coin, and good conditions. Makes me feel good since I'll be doing lots of old farm fields that havent been turned over in quite a while. Loving my machine. Bit of a learning curve, but that's with anything.... 20170313_221800.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, looks like a brass grommet off a knapsack or other canvas item. Could be CW period. Did it ring up as brass (high 30's to 40's)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it was in the 60's if I remember correctly.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too familiar with the F75 numbers so that could still be brass, def looks like grommet if some sort. Unleds that's aluminum, probably period. Nice find.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not too familiar with the F75 numbers so that could still be brass, def looks like grommet if some sort. Unleds that's aluminum, probably period. Nice find.

Thank you. It was at an 1880's farm house. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the CW period?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civil War Period

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Totally didn't register since it didn't seem old to me. Makes sense though with the depth.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cmon, man. That's kicking me when I'm down not helping me up!:tongue3:

HighVDI - you took the words right out of my mouth. Plus fuggetaboutit I would rather have your awesome 2017 coin finds then know what CW period means. You must have some great PA permissions. General area of the state you are hunting?

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HighVDI - you took the words right out of my mouth. Plus fuggetaboutit I would rather have your awesome 2017 coin finds then know what CW period means. You must have some great PA permissions. General area of the state you are hunting?

Sw pa. Township was founded in 1790. Settlers started coming into the region in the early 1700's in any kind of numbers. I've been knocking on doors like crazy. My oldest finds came from a mid 1800's homesite of a CW soldier ironic enough! Lol. Rumor is he helped invent the CW ambulance system. Local talk so who knows what's true.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sw pa. Township was founded in 1790. Settlers started coming into the region in the early 1700's in any kind of numbers. I've been knocking on doors like crazy. My oldest finds came from a mid 1800's homesite of a CW soldier ironic enough! Lol. Rumor is he helped invent the CW ambulance system. Local talk so who knows what's true.

Good stuff. Keep knocking on those doors. You have some rich history there and some good detecting ahead of you. Happy hunting.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
High VDI
Knocking on doors, huh? How about revealing some of your techniques, successes and failures, with this door knocking.

The small city where I live has one of the highest murder and assault percentages in Ga and nationally. And most of the old houses are occupied by the criminals or tenants scared to death. Very hesitant about knocking doors.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
High VDI
Knocking on doors, huh? How about revealing some of your techniques, successes and failures, with this door knocking.

The small city where I live has one of the highest murder and assault percentages in Ga and nationally. And most of the old houses are occupied by the criminals or tenants scared to death. Very hesitant about knocking doors.

Every silver coin I've found since I got back into this stuff at the beginning of this year has come from door knocking permissions with the exception of one silver washington quarter, a merc dime, a rosie dime, and a barber dime all found behind my local library. The library sits where the old school house used to be. That's a free permission, lol.

So, I figure it's a must to knock on doors and get the silvers! I looked up a couple videos on YouTube on obtaining permissions. The first two I got denied and been batting .1000 since then.

My new approach is not getting nervous by knowing the worst thing the land owner can say is NO!

I just aquired permission this evening for a five acre old mink farm. Front of the home was the old trolley and about 200ft up the road was one of the toll houses back in the day.

Living in the South should be EASY to get permissions. When I go on vacations down there I'm amazed at how friendly people are compared to here.

So, out of 33 silvers 4 of them were not from door knocking. A couple of the permissions I got were from speaking to renters and getting the landlords number then call in them. Did that tonight. Guy was cool as can be! Its been going good so far, and I'm not a smooth talker by any means!

Try going to a decent neighborhood as close as possible if nervous about sketchy people???

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions