Ground Balancing the CZ-21

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting some beaches that have renourshed sand pumped in. I'm guessing the mineralization might be somewhat different than the older "nature made" ones.
Anyhow if ground the loop, hit the pinpoint pad... ground bal on 10 I get some tone-level, adjusting the GB to 1 increases the tone level. Sort of like the ground bal wants to be higher than 10.

Any comments?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE NEVER GROUND BALANCED ANY OF MY CZs (I OWN 3 CZ21s)
I SET MY GROUND BALANCE ROUND 5 AND SENSITIVITY AS HIGH AS I CAN - IN NEW ENGLAND WATERS I CAN USUALLY DO ABOUT 9
I JUST TURN ON AND GO JUST MAKE SURE YOUR COIL IS GROUNDED AND NOT UP IN THE AIR
I DID THAT PUMP THING LONG AGO AND ENDED UP LOSING DEPTH
I USE MINE IN ALL METAL - AUTOTUNE 99% OF THE TIME
AND CHECK TARGETS BY CLICKING TO ZERO AND THEN BACK AND I DO QUITE WELL
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-1/

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Listen to Casper. I set mine on 10 and don't touch it. The key is the sensitivity. Hunt in all metal (autotune) and if you need to ground balance use that method.

OP
OP
Mudflap

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Thanks for the tips there Casper and Adambomb. Today I tried hunting wet sand with wave water flowing across it and tons of high tone falseing using the "0" setting. It behaved ok using the all metal mode. I guess you could use a discriminating mode maybe the in dry sand if you had a ton of iron junk. We have one beach here full of sparkler wires and used "0" to wade through that. So Autotune it is. Don't mess with the GB, and sense up as possible. Getting to like this unit. Much easier than my Surf Dual Field with the low volume reference level and the wind and wave noise being a hassle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, the method Casper uses is the tried and true way to use the unit. I'm down on Long Island and when hunting the Sound I set Autotune, GB of 5 and Sensitivity at 8. I see Casper says he can get his up to 9. I've tried 9 but I seem to get some falsing by me. I drop down to 8 (sometimes 7) and then my targets come in true. If my first few targets turn out to be junk, I will then check the rest by clicking to "0" otherwise I don't bother.

Good luck, looking forward to your finds posts! :)

-TwoYewts

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone on here wrote a book on the 21. Good reference. The 21 is a great machine. Just don't drop it on its knobs on concrete like I did! Got the sakes waiting on the repair.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE NEVER GROUND BALANCED ANY OF MY CZs (I OWN 3 CZ21s)
I SET MY GROUND BALANCE ROUND 5 AND SENSITIVITY AS HIGH AS I CAN - IN NEW ENGLAND WATERS I CAN USUALLY DO ABOUT 9
I JUST TURN ON AND GO JUST MAKE SURE YOUR COIL IS GROUNDED AND NOT UP IN THE AIR
I DID THAT PUMP THING LONG AGO AND ENDED UP LOSING DEPTH
I USE MINE IN ALL METAL - AUTOTUNE 99% OF THE TIME
AND CHECK TARGETS BY CLICKING TO ZERO AND THEN BACK AND I DO QUITE WELL
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-1/

Someone on here wrote a book on the 21. Good reference. The 21 is a great machine. Just don't drop it on its knobs on concrete like I did! Got the shakes waiting on the repair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread