chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So theres the F11, F22,F44.. basically the same machine. The F2 is gone along with the F4 (never really understood iots position in the market)The F5 is bieng phased out from what I understand. The F70 is now the Teknetics patriot (identical display) the F75 in year 9 (or there abouts ) of production....
Any news on new products from Fisher. And by new I mean genuinley new development? I love my F75 and bought it new for a bargain last year.I think the final platform resolved all the earlier emi issues.Mine runs deep and smooth. Value for money was awsome.
The little 11,22,44 seem to have had some rain proof teething issues.
Whats next for Fisher do you think?
As far as FTP is concerned what ammount of sales come from Fisher vs BH vs Teknetis.
If they bring out one new detector will they tweak and rebrand it to use in the other brands?
The patriot /F70 looks like excellent value for money.
So whats next for fisher? I would love to see a garret sea hunter equivilant (the Cz just too expensive for me).
Garret is supposably releasing something new in a few days.Curious to see what.
Thoughts or comments?

Cheers
Chub

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FTP does nothing different than GM did buy selling (Chevy, Pontiac, & Buick) all have similar models with minor differences.

The biggest difference between the F2, 4, & 5 vs the newer 11,22, & 44 is it takes one battery instead of 2, they have an upgraded appearance, and is supposively weatherproof. I swung the F4 for a while and it did not like moisture at all. Many a time I had to pull the battery and let it sit out in the sun for a couple days so I could use it again.

I believe when they rebrand a detector their reason is to reduce inventory so they can get ready to introduce new models. Also, some people are brand loyal and rather use the BH LRP in lieu of a Teknetics Eurotek Pro or the BH 3300 instead of the more expensive Fisher F4. Just like there is a flavor of the week being sold by the major breweries, other products are seeing that a new color scheme may appeal to some new buyers.

I do believe the next generation of FTP detectors (Especially Fisher) will take some of the options offered by the XP Deus, maybe not wireless coil to control unit, but I suspect will allow for a choice of frequencies and more fine tuning that the Deus has. I also hope they will have a wireless headphone option with the transmitter embedded in the control unit.

Just my 2 cents on this topic.

GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions