What headphones work well with the fishers?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the hot months and places where I need to be alert to my surroundings I use a cheap $5 pair. Otherwise I use black widows. I can run them wireless now, or at least not tethered to the detector.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Loco!

Everyone else just uses their speaker? Lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pair of DetectorPro Black Widows for serious work and a single earpiece Rattler (also DetectorPro) for when I also want to keep aware of what is going on around me. I use the Rattler 80% of the time..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey Ghost's are nice but I love my BLACK WIDOWS, but depends on weather.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up getting a pair of the koss qz 99's. I got big ears, and they have big cups. Comfy for sure....but big, and bulky. I'm sure they're warm in the summer too. For 25 bucks on flea bay I can't complain. Signals sound nice and clear. Definitely picking up more faint signals, but simply because they are designed to block out the noise.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Deteknix Wireless Headphones W3 on my F75. I will never go cord again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone says this once they go wireless. I need to try it out. The cord on the koss unit is LONG. I can set my machine down and stand up while having plenty of cord to spare. Can still be a PITA though.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone says this once they go wireless. I need to try it out. The cord on the koss unit is LONG. I can set my machine down and stand up while having plenty of cord to spare. Can still be a PITA though.

I'm telling you HighVDI $89 and FREEDOM!!! We have thick woods here in La. and there will be no way I could even make it through with the cord.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are going wireless, I'd recommend the Garrett system since it will run for up to 30 hours on a charge.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm telling you HighVDI $89 and FREEDOM!!! We have thick woods here in La. and there will be no way I could even make it through with the cord.

You have room to swing a detector but not walk with a headphone cord?

How have we managed for 40 or 50 years? ;-)

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mean technology does help things out......40 years ago I wasn't even a thought....lol. you're showing your age! J/K. Every hunt I find myself with some choice words Im directing at the headphone cord, haha.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just run the cord under your shirt collar and out the sleeve bottom.

a47laguna.jpg

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol! I bet they still work! That's when they made things to last.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have room to swing a detector but not walk with a headphone cord?

How have we managed for 40 or 50 years? ;-)

Our woods in the summer you do have little room to swing, so yes if you have a cord hanging it gets snag up easy. Don't that make sense. And as far as MD'ing 40 or 50 years ago I don't even know how they did it without a pin pointer! I have total respect for the old timers.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our woods in the summer you do have little room to swing, so yes if you have a cord hanging it gets snag up easy. Don't that make sense. And as far as MD'ing 40 or 50 years ago I don't even know how they did it without a pin pointer! I have total respect for the old timers.

That's why we still find stuff...:happysmiley:

Sovgtguy

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT - Sunray 5" / Tornado 10" / WOT 15"
Fisher CZ3D ( Tom Tuned ) - Quicksilver 5" / Spider 10"
Fisher Gold Bug 2 - 6.5 / 10"
Makro Gold Racer - 5" / Stock 10"
Primary Interest: