fisher customer service for cz6 ruined my detector depth :(

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...AND FELIX WORKED ON THIS MACHINE FOR ME IN THE PAST
I have hunted with a guy from First Texas and he was testing a F75 I believe for a guy. I was very surprised at what he was getting for depth.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I TOOK IT OUT ON A RELIC HUNT FEW YRS AGO - THIS IS CLOSE TO 2 FT - RING TAIL SHARPS CIVIL WAR MINIE

THIS IS A 3 RINGER - EASILY 2 FT DOWN - OTHERS WITH HIGH END LAND MACHINES WENT OVER THESE TARGETS - MOST GOT NOTHING - A
FEW SAID THEY GOT GHOSTS - ITS THERE - ITS NOT - ITS THERE - ITS NOT

Had a coil go out of phase and was digging some deep stuff. But the machine was very noisy.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
MACHINE ARE MADE FOR DIRT TESTING NOT AIR TESTING - NONE OF THE 12 MACHINES I HAVE ...HAVE EVER HAD ANY DEPTH ON AIR TESTING - USUALLY HALF AS SENSITIVE
MY FISHERS PICK UP RINGS AND COINS AT 2 FT IN ALL METAL - IVE GOTTEN MINIE BALLS AT 2 FT ALSO
FELIX IS THE BEST OUT THERE - IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM - CALL HIM BACK - HE WILL DO YOU RIGHT

Not true, Air testing a detector gives you a reasonable and pretty accurate sample of what a detector can do. If a detector can not lets say airtest a dime at 10" (no resistance) how the hell can or will it go deeper? (resistance) I guess some detector brake the law of physic and magically detect deep than it can airtest.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put very little faith in air tests. Two units may test 10" in the air, but one may do 9" in the soil while the other struggles to get 6".

And indoors - forget it. With fluorescent lights and other EMI you may have to reduce the sensitivity of one far below what it can do outdoors. A good "indoor" machine may be disappointing outdoors.

Unless you are going for flying coins do a test in hunting conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread