Question Fisher f5 coil alternatives

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes....Greek machines are 7.7khz like the F5...so coils swap perfectly.

OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool i have to hunt som cheap ones

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F5 is comparable to the Gamma you already own, they both get similar depth on targets and use the same freq. and coils. IMHO I'd go for a new Teknetics Patriot for $400 using a promo code.

OP
OP
J

juit

Mar 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
fisher cz5
Minelab 705
Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have updated my profile, i think is gonna be a loaner but i need to know to use it first, prolly ill end up selling it to get more cash, but for what i read in mikes f5 bible this lil machine holds its own compared to other machines on the same lvl IMO

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have updated my profile, i think is gonna be a loaner but i need to know to use it first, prolly ill end up selling it to get more cash, but for what i read in mikes f5 bible this lil machine holds its own compared to other machines on the same lvl IMO

+1 on the patriot! I loved the F5, I had the small eliptical concentric, the 11DD and the 5" sniper.I thought it was the bees knees....until I got a F75....swung them with one in each hand. They air test similar but in reality the F75 simply blew the F5 away. The F5 is very light. LOVE the interface. But the patriot is a 1/2 price F70 ....possibly one of the most underated detectors around. The F5 is chattery, even when laying on its side while you are recovering a target. Listening 'through the noise' can be exhausting and you can miss things. The F5 depth is crappy in my opinion. I had 100s of hours on the F5. So many cool features but pity about the chatter and depth.

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions