I'm thinking about buying a used F22 for my son.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it come with extras? $180 used for a $230 detector it should be in like new condition.

But it is a solid detector and a very good brand.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an F22 and a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. To be honest, I like them both very much. The F22 might be more "sophisticated", but I've found lots of coins, etc. with the Tracker IV. (I paid $79.99 for it new). Before you spend the $180 on a very decent machine, I am wondering how your son is using the settings on his. I keep the Tracker IV on All Metal and wide open with sensitivity, and very little discrimination when I begin a hunt.(He's young enough to dig lots of beeps!) I adjust accordingly for interference and noise. I don't bother with the other settings options. Works like a charm. Just more FYI. Best of luck and Happy Hunting to your son!

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's easy to use and a fair price.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Yea, and Wayne, I went to Metal Detecting Stuff Store today and I wanted to say that is a great looking store you guys have and you guys have put a lot into that store of yours. It is great to have a local metal detecting store with so much to choose from and to be able to walk in and check out everything, I got my eyes on the Stealth 920ix scoop and the carbon fiber handle. As well as a Minelab CTX 3030 and a couple books for it. Your store has a good feel to it when I walked in. I will head back to your store in a couple weeks. Reading the book tonight I bought from Metal Detecting Stuff today called Hardcore beach Hunting By Gary T. Drayton- awesome book so far!
Cheers,
Dan Lingo

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dan, hope you weathered Harvey oK!

Wayne

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easy to use and a fair price.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

At metaldetectingstuff.com, they have a used Fisher F2 for $115, and I think that's a terrific entry level machine. It's light weight and I've found more in plunder with mine than it cost, so you might take a look at that as a less expensive but very capable machine for an 11 year old. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread