Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got a good deal from Bart at Bart's big boys
For the new edition F75 basic unit , which is
the gold one which has DST.
I presently have a Teknetics Omega, a minelab
Xterra 705, and Safari. I'm hoping the Mighty
F75 will be a good addition that will suit my type
Of hunting, which is mostly but not only relic hunting.
I'll be reading up the manual and postings and
Try to watch some videos so I know what to expect
When I first use it hopefully this coming weekend.

Any advice for getting started?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I assume you are talking about the 85th Anniversary unit.
Sounds like a great machine, no cache or boost but not all that necessary, I see other owners post it is still way deep in both disc and AM.

If you got a sniper coil in the package this little thing can be shockingly deep, the 11" DD is a great all around coil that can get crazy deep and even hunt in heavy trash more than well if you turn the gain down to under 40.
This fools that coil into thinking it is a much more precise smaller sniper but still get deep...something you have to experience to appreciate.

The gain is not like a stereo volume knob, all settings are much higher than you might think and even really low settings are powerful but with the DST you might not need to turn it low very much to keep it quiet.

The DST really quiets it down but it can find great stuff if you hunt quietly or push it into some higher settings.
Really high you might still get a bit if chatter but even then it will stop and tell you if you are swinging over something good if you learn the language.

This platform usually up-averages all targets around iron, the deeper the target the higher the numbers might go so watch out for that, both mineralized dirt and actual iron in the vicinity can do this and it is programmed into these things...I consider it a great feature I use all the time in my mineralized and iron infested SE. red clay devil dirt with my similar F70.

For hunting around a lot of iron I found that what I call blast through settings work very well once you get the hang of it, all metal, sense maxed, thresh maxed which you can do on one of your all metal options, and look for blocks of higher numbers that repeat from two directions.
Unlike some brands on this one there is better resolution around iron using higher gain, not less...again that is designed into units on his platform.

Start up settings are set that way for a reason and should find you plenty, as you get comfortable a little tweaking to deal with your particular sites and conditions will make it even better.

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really appreciate your suggestions,
digger27 and will refer to your post
When I start using the new f75.
I didn't go for the extra sniper coil
So I'm glad the stock coil can do a
Good job in iron laden sites. I read that
Coils for the Teknetics omega will work
On the Fisher f75, and intend to try since I have the 10x5 dd and others.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I doubt if the greek series coils will work on the F75 since they run a different frequency. I read your post soon after it appeared. Being a coin shooter I didn't think my set up would be something a relic hinter would be intersted in. I seldom hunt in all metal, I normally run discrimination, 1-6 or 1-9 depending on the site. I like to hear tones so I hunt in 3H or 4H tones. Sensitivity normally 65 to 75 percent in town and higher when I am away from civilization, but never maxed out.. If you run it hot, it will false on twigs, ruts, and other items. Being a relic guy you will more than likely manual ground balance and set the threshold to a hum and detect in all metal mode. At trashy sites I recommend FA processes since it has the fastest recovery and best target separation. I use the BP process in rutty areas to minimize falsing, Good Luck

I have been swinging the F75LTD for almost 3 years.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I really appreciate your suggestions,
digger27 and will refer to your post
When I start using the new f75.
I didn't go for the extra sniper coil
So I'm glad the stock coil can do a
Good job in iron laden sites. I read that
Coils for the Teknetics omega will work
On the Fisher f75, and intend to try since I have the 10x5 dd and others.

Yea as Loco-Digger stated even if you can get those other coils connected they won't be optimal in their performance.
Even using Fisher coils on other units in the line might work but probably won't work well if the frequencies don't match up.
Mike Hillis is a guru with the F5 and he mounted a 10" concentric elliptical coil on that one that was designed for an F75 because he, and I, know how well that coil responds to most targets but especially precious metal jewelry.
It worked ok but he knew it could be better so he eventually ordered the same coil in the correct frequency that matched up even better for that F5.

As far as getting a sniper coil in the future if you decide to purchase one there are several options.
I have hundreds of hours using the 5" DD Fisher coil and there is no bigger fan of this coil than me....if you saw all that it has found for me in some extremely difficult sites would understand why.
However recently I had the opportunity to trade for an aftermarket Nel Sharpshooter coil and after a few months experience I doubt I will be using that small round Fisher coil again.
On my F70 this coil seems to be just as sensitive as the Fisher coil if not more, depth, speed, response and target separation is superb.
Even though it is a bit larger in its footprint, which I like, it is balanced perfectly for Fishers and light as a feather.
The best thing is it is said to work well in mineralized soil and is supposedly shielded better so quieter...both of which I have seen in my area of the country and in my dirt.
Plus it is cheaper than the Fisher coil.
It is almost like this brand is just designed and fated to be mounted on these units on this platform.

Other F70, F75 and Patriot owners have read my reviews and comments about this coil and got one for themselves and saw what I saw in its performance...then thanked me.

That big DD coil is so good at being such a great all around coil thanks to the settings possible and innate abilities of the units on this platform I was shocked, but if you tend to spend most of your time hunting extremely trashy and/or iron infested sites like I do snipers just seem to make everything easier and can be even more productive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds good digger27, I will surely try out my omega 10x5 dd coil which Teknetics recommends for the g2 which has a frequency closer to the f75
But I expect I will get a nel sharpshooter
Since you have had such good results with it.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a good deal from Bart at Bart's big boys
For the new edition F75 basic unit , which is
the gold one which has DST.
I presently have a Teknetics Omega, a minelab
Xterra 705, and Safari. I'm hoping the Mighty
F75 will be a good addition that will suit my type
Of hunting, which is mostly but not only relic hunting.
I'll be reading up the manual and postings and
Try to watch some videos so I know what to expect
When I first use it hopefully this coming weekend.

Any advice for getting started?

The F75 did well in this test.
Marvin
Metal Detector Field Tests - Top 10 Metal Detectors 2017

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
1st Texas Titan 9000 (BH Time Ranger), Teknetics Patriot 11"DD with NEL Sharpshooter and Hunter, Deteknix X Pointer Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was one of the guys who got the NEL Sharpshooter for my Patriot after reading Digger27's review of it. He is absolutely right. I hit an area tonight that I've hit really hard this past month with the factory 11"DD. Tonight was the first time with the NEL coil. I thought I had everything. Using the Sharpshooter and some of the tips from Digger27 tonight, I brought out two more nice wheaties (1915 and 1916) that where in holes with multiple pieces of iron and they were both about 5 inches down. I only was at it for about an hour. I would definitely recommend.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20170817_175930.jpg On the topic of coils. Please don't waste your money, or your rotator cuff on the 15" sewer lid. The stock coil will get very similar results and the big coil is way too heavy for the comfy f75. I do have the 5" round dd and I've dug some nice coins using it and a couple were deeper than I thought it would go. One was an 1893 v nickel.

I bought the same exact machine you have and I'm glad I did. It's a big savings over the boost and cache models and honestly I question the difference somewhat. Can't really say 100% since I don't own the other models but the pic posted is a worn barber quarter I dug that was 11" deep. The large flat button was every bit of 10". The VDI was yelling DIG.

I learned with this machine to trust it's sounds.....and it's readout. Yesh, I've dug some jumpy signaled coins like indians....actually only indians, but I dug them because they sounded great. I know digger doesn't pay attention to the conf. Meter but on deep targets if it's zinging, and it's a fairly tight number sequence I'm digging!

All metal mode seems to cut back on iron falsing (for me anyway). I've went over previously hunted spots in all metal mode with the sens cranked to 95 and was able to unmask some things that were hiding there. I was intimidated by it at first these machines are so user friendly and easy to learn you should be finding the goods in no time. Good luck with it.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Yea, I gotta try to notice that confidence meter more...just never got in the habit of doing that.
It's there, might as well get some use out of it.

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the info HighVDI, kinda my
Thoughts on the boost. I picked this machine because of the attractive new
Price and in large part cause of its reputation. I got it today and look forward to using it this weekend. The
Weather is looking good.

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been going out with the f75 every day just getting used to her. I'm running disc about 4, 2h tones , de process and
Adjust Sens between 50 and 80
Mostly have been going to familiar high iron sites where signals other than
Iron are few and far between. So far just
A couple buttons but these are sites I've
Hit many times with several machines.
I I love the speed you can go- similar
To my Omega minus all the emi , but
Way different than the Safari that needs
A slow slow swing speed. Somewhat annoyed by false signals I need to re-swing over to see if they repeat. Like the Safari, have to watch I don't pick up
Signals from my shoestring eyelets.
Need to try a few different new sites.
So far more than pleased with the f75

SteveJJ

May 18, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75 (for sale)
Fisher Gold Bug 2
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However recently I had the opportunity to trade for an aftermarket Nel Sharpshooter coil and after a few months experience I doubt I will be using that small round Fisher coil again.

Precisely what I was searching for. I'm hoping that this will help me be able to more clearly ferret out the good signals from the trash by having a narrower focus. Now to go find a good price with rapid delivery!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've done well with a slower speed on the f75 too. Super trashy areas that is.

Op, you will notice the FA, and JE are the most prone to EMI. Personally, I like PF since it seems the most masked by it. Possibly lose a hint of depth though vs the JE, and DE.

Last edited:
OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've done well with a slower speed on the f75 too. Super trashy areas that is.

Op, you will notice the FA, and JE are the most prone to EMI. Personally, I like PF since it seems the most masked by it. Possibly lose a hint of depth though vs the JE, and DE.

Is this with f75 models with or without DST?
Mine has it and I haven't noticed a hint of emi
Using DE mode at least in the woodsy places
I have taken it- my Omega meanwhile suffersll
From emi to some degree

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this with f75 models with or without DST?
Mine has it and I haven't noticed a hint of emi
Using DE mode at least in the woodsy places
I have taken it- my Omega meanwhile suffersll
From emi to some degree

Yeah, I got the exact same machine you bought. It's rare, but it does happen. Sometimes. I notice air conditioners give it fits. Certain power lines, ect. Also the frequency shift will usually give an option too.

It's funny because usually when the FA mode would work good, there is crazy EMI. Just seems to never fail when I'm out, lol. Nice thing is even at 50 on sens you can still find deep coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread