Fisher F75 SE Detector

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must be referring to the F75 LTD. The price was reduced to $799 and comes with 2 coils from Kellyco. I bought mine used back in 2014 and has been my go to machine ever since. I rarely use the boost process, but it's nice to have it just in case.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The F-75 is a very good detector...depth past 12" depends on size of target.
Locks on coins and gold.... yes on the coins but not at 12" more like 6"-9" size of coin... Gold is hard to just lock in on... that pull tabs and so many other targets in the Gold range.
Some models might retail at $1200.00 or higher... but you can get them much cheaper....CALL a couple of our supporting vendors and see the real price.
Gary

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My deepest coin detected was a large silver at 10 to 10.5 inches. I have had good signals and Target IDs for IHCs and copper pennies as deep as 9 to 9.5 inches. My deepest target dug was a piece of lead pipe dug at 14 inches.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fisher F75 SE (what I bought in 2007 when they were first introduced) should be available cheap if one has been kicking around for 10 years unsold.

The most recent version - the F75 LTD2 (I believe) is going for $799 most places. That has Boost and Cache that the original lacks and added EMI shielding. I sent mine back to the factory for the upgrade - which was nice of Fisher to offer but NOT free at $309.

For $799 it is a great detector. I paid $949 as I recall - but the dealer threw in DetectorPro headphones and a coil cover.

I dug a 3/16" x 1" piece of aluminum wire at a measured 16". And I have pulled dimes from 10".

TnDigger0083

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own an MXT and have dug along side a buddy with an F75 LTD.
I will say the F75 picks up a little deeper than my MXT.
But it also seemed to hit hard on trash and had mixed signal a lot when running deep ( more sensitivity)
I'd say it's worth the current $799 price now. I can't say I'd pay more for it than that.
If I spend more I'd move on up some thing else.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The SE is $600.00 now, correct?

I don't see how it can be beat for that price. I found a boatload of keepers with mine since February when I bought it. It's definitely a deep seeker. If you pay attention you can learn the tendancies of these machines and realize how consistent they are on ID too. I've dug 65 silver coins with it since bought too so don't let people tell you it doesn't see silver. At least half were 6+ inch dimes in previously hunted sites.

Both items pictured my pinpointer was well under the top of the dirt. At least 10 inches. I'll never part with the f75. 20170817_175930.jpg

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F75 does go deep. For the price, you won't be disappointed. I found a used LTD with 3 coils and a Sunray FX1 inline probe on Ebay and got an awesome deal.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75 LTD is an extremely deep machine with blazing fast recovery. I've pulled a 1976 bicentennial half slightly past 12" in overturned farm land. It was not a solid silver VDI hit. One thing you have to keep in mind with this machine or any is that if you want deep finds you have to do some mental math to realize that the VDI will fall off with depth. Getting the max depth out of this machine requires knowing the machine well and working in the mild to moderate soil it thrives in. I recently parted with my F75 LTD as I thinned a herd of 9 machines down to just 2. It was my last cut and the one that hurt me most to make. Now I'm down to a V3i and MX Sport, but watch and see if I don't sneak back up to 3 machines in the spring (hello F75 Plus).

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can dig coins beyond the 16 inch mark. But your hunting a wisp of a signal. All mateal is its deepest setting for coins. It is a very sensitive machine, but can be turned down for city parks and such. Not sure what it does on the beach. The relic diggers like the PI machines for there dirt. But if you spend time you will learn the F75 and not dig trash. I own it and love it.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a random thought. October 24th is the last time I put fresh batteries in my detector. I only know this because I posted up my KG2 I dug that night not long after that. Been doing lots of digging and the battery display still reads 3 bars. Incredible battery life from these units. One extreme to the next with my battery chomping tejon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions