Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know how it is. All depends on mood. Some days I go out and feel like I'm 18 again and purposely seek out the deep items. Some days I get the itch to go shallow clad hunting at the parks.

I actually feel like the f75 is simple to use. I love how quickly I can power up, GB and get moving fast. Tons of options and setting to change quickly on the fly.
The farms I've been hunting hold coins deep into the 18th century and most have not been turned over in 100 plus years. The extra couple inches could be my first spanish silver, lol. Some of my best digs so far were pretty darn deep. Had a few really good shallow ones too but I'm always wondering what lies just a little deeper.

My F75 gave me my best find a 1829 Spanish Mexican 8 Reales in a sidewalk strip. It was so deep it was SOLID black. So much black patina I had no idea what it was until I got home. I took some baking soda and liquid soap to it and rubbed it for a good 5 mins. One of the most exciting 5 mins of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know what I’m gonna take it for a spin tomorrow.

I have a spot in my yard where I buried a sliver Rosie at 10", a Wheatie at 8" and I clad quarter at 6". I don't have the spot marked and I sometimes forget where it is. I'm gonna run the Hunter over the spot and see it will hit on the dime.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a spot in my yard where I buried a sliver Rosie at 10", a Wheatie at 8" and I clad quarter at 6". I don't have the spot marked and I sometimes forget where it is. I'm gonna run the Hunter over the spot and see it will hit on the dime.

Do me a favor and let me know. I’m gonna run it on the Max tomorrow.

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do me a favor and let me know. I’m gonna run it on the Max tomorrow.

I was hoping for a break in the rain so I could swing the Hunter coil over that dime. It didn't happen and I won't be able to before leaving for work. Good luck in your hunt today!!!

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My F75 gave me my best find a 1829 Spanish Mexican 8 Reales in a sidewalk strip. It was so deep it was SOLID black. So much black patina I had no idea what it was until I got home. I took some baking soda and liquid soap to it and rubbed it for a good 5 mins. One of the most exciting 5 mins of my life.

Lol, I'll bet it was! Research, luck ,skill....that's pretty much the order it goes sometimes the first two switched haha.

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol, I'll bet it was! Research, luck ,skill....that's pretty much the order it goes sometimes the first two switched haha.
I'd rather be lucky than good because I can be good all the time.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just arrived! Get to play tomorrow after work. I'll hit a couple spots I've cleaned out and see if it can eek out some more. 20171101_151357.jpg

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I went out yesterday for a quick hunt. Got a stomach virus so being away from the porcelain throne for a long time isn't a good idea. Git some new targets that popped up. The field I'm hunting is probably 10 acres and I've hunted it dozens of times. I'm certain my coil hasn't swiped it all yet. I'm happy with the tornado so far. Seems just as quiet as the stock DD coil. I was around some power lines and had DST off.

The 3 copper discs were pretty deep. The one was giving a one way signal and was the depth of my pinpointer. Had this been a thicker largie it would have rang in loud and clear no doubt. Also found a nice round ball under a tree we have hunted plenty of times and also where I found a KG2. Got a toasted nickel sized coin with no ID. I'm assuming it's a shield or v since it rang up like copper. I notice my older nickels come in high on the numbers.

Found some bullets and such as usual. I don't know what the flat copper blade shaped thing is. Maybe someone could ID that?

My thoughts on the coil are it is a copper magnet. It's even better than the stock coil on the copper. It is a little heavier than stock....but wayyy lighter than that thing fisher offered. AWESOME separation for a widescan coil from what I've seen so far. I'd love to see how it hits on silver too. So far so good. Glad I went with the tornado. Any bigger would be uncomfortable to swing for any period of time.
Oh, Also that buckle was from a previous hunt in the same field with stock 11" but not found last evening. 20171103_091111.jpg

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I went out yesterday for a quick hunt. Got a stomach virus so being away from the porcelain throne for a long time isn't a good idea. Git some new targets that popped up. The field I'm hunting is probably 10 acres and I've hunted it dozens of times. I'm certain my coil hasn't swiped it all yet. I'm happy with the tornado so far. Seems just as quiet as the stock DD coil. I was around some power lines and had DST off.

The 3 copper discs were pretty deep. The one was giving a one way signal and was the depth of my pinpointer. Had this been a thicker largie it would have rang in loud and clear no doubt. Also found a nice round ball under a tree we have hunted plenty of times and also where I found a KG2. Got a toasted nickel sized coin with no ID. I'm assuming it's a shield or v since it rang up like copper. I notice my older nickels come in high on the numbers.

Found some bullets and such as usual. I don't know what the flat copper blade shaped thing is. Maybe someone could ID that?

My thoughts on the coil are it is a copper magnet. It's even better than the stock coil on the copper. It is a little heavier than stock....but wayyy lighter than that thing fisher offered. AWESOME separation for a widescan coil from what I've seen so far. I'd love to see how it hits on silver too. So far so good. Glad I went with the tornado. Any bigger would be uncomfortable to swing for any period of time.
Oh, Also that buckle was from a previous hunt in the same field with stock 11" but not found last evening. View attachment 1511980
Love those check tags!!!!

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are they? I dig them up everywhere! I call them widow makers...lol
Those round tags were used in many industries to check in personnel or check out tools, keys etc. Back in the coal mining boom, the miners would show up to work, get checked in on a roster and given a number. They would hang that check tag on a board at the entry to the mine. When shift was over, check tags were turned in in person to fully account for all personnel.

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those round tags were used in many industries to check in personnel or check out tools, keys etc. Back in the coal mining boom, the miners would show up to work, get checked in on a roster and given a number. They would hang that check tag on a board at the entry to the mine. When shift was over, check tags were turned in in person to fully account for all personnel.

So looking at the weights, the NEL Hunter and the new Thunder are the same weight. The tornado is only slightly heavier. I've had someone calling me out to get the Thunder....

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So looking at the weights, the NEL Hunter and the new Thunder are the same weight. The tornado is only slightly heavier. I've had someone calling me out to get the Thunder....

I was incorrect about the weights. Quick compare showed them equal. Hunter is 590g vs Hunter at 470g

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for the info! Makes sense because everywhere I fin them it is close to mine entrances, or mining towns ect. I've been tossing them. Should probably keep them since they did have some personal meaning.

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info! Makes sense because everywhere I fin them it is close to mine entrances, or mining towns ect. I've been tossing them. Should probably keep them since they did have some personal meaning.
Plus copper is good scrap value!

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Job VDI! you will love that coil Congrats!! i imagine the 15" would wear you out fast but you can swing that one all day. It really is a copper/ brass magnet too,Get ready for tons of shotgun shells! What are your mine tags ringing up?

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Job VDI! you will love that coil Congrats!! i imagine the 15" would wear you out fast but you can swing that one all day. It really is a copper/ brass magnet too,Get ready for tons of shotgun shells! What are your mine tags ringing up?

Thanks! Was able to get out today as well. Hit 3 different spots. All have been hunted before by me. Was wondering how silver would ring with the tornado. I can now say loud and clear! Second hunt yields a silver rosie. Also dug a readers digest sweepstakes token....and a DEEP dime sized aluminum token too. I was impressed the machine read a faint high 80's-mid 90's and not once gave out a grunt of iron. (I was in 2f). Gives confidence for those deep silver dimes I love to dig!

Dug my best condish buffalo nickel to date. A 1918.

A handful of wheats. One 1913...and 1917 were the oldest. Got a sweet flat button. Writing is very legible on back and reads wellington. Got a couple keys. Two more miner tags. Couple copper memorials, Jefferson nickel, surface quarter, couple smaller buttons....and of course as you mentioned, shotgun shells. Haha. One was 9-10 inches true measurement. My garrett was a little below the surface. Sugarquartz,

Those tags vary signal wise. Shallow ones resemble a lower ringing wheat. 66 ish on numbers. Deeper ones bounce from upper 40's to mid 70's. I dig a lot of
targets so these and shotgun shells will definitely be getting dug. 20171103_195046.jpg

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!! nice variety of finds i love 2f too. Those dime sure do scream even being 8 " deep. The tags are probably different thickness and material missing giving different #s , i figured they would be up in the 83 83s like the Large cents still lots of fun to dig otherwise. My silver dimes ring up like 74 to mid 80s. I dug a buffalo last night too a 27 and a 37 the night before one was ringing up low 50s usually they're somewhere around 34. Nice job, Keep It up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread