I Got Yet Another Omega 8000 Version 6 Headed My Way

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pulled the trigger on another one. I've previously owned versions 4, 5 and 6. The versions 5 and 6 are my favorites and are getting hard to find. I should have known better to sell them because every time that I did, I got seller's remorse. It's one amazing detector. Dave Johnson really did a great job designing this detector. It's super fun to use and it's a silver magnet.

tabman

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman,

Why are you posting this in the Fisher Labs forum vice the Teknetics forum (don't answer that, I know why, lol). Do you think the Omega pulls silver better than the F75? f70?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like them both! The Omega is much more fun to use IF I can find an area that doesn't have too much EMI and that's hard to do. I guess that's why I keep getting rid of them. My F75DST can handle most EMI sites. If I head out to unknown sites with the Omega, you can bet your last dollar that I'll have back-up detector with me. At a EMI free site the Omega seems to lock its ID onto silver better than my F75DST does. If I could have only one VDI detector it wouldn't be the Omega.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread