verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I've had my F75 for a few months now. It is one fabulous and capable metal detector. There was another thread started here regarding the NEL Tornado. I have one for my Bounty Hunter Platinum, (it's actually for an F5). I decided to swap it on to my F75 just to see what kind of air test it would do. I had the end of the coil on the table and an 8.5x11 sheet of paper for measure. I found that it only tested to about 9.5". I know it's not the correct coil for the machine, so I wasn't surprised.

What did surprise me is when I put my factory F75 11" coil on and only got about 10" in an air test.

I have to do some additional testing.

I was using my last settings, when testing resumes, I will do a factory reset and use the the Turn on and Go settings. I will also disconnect the Sunray FX1 probe that is inline.

Happy Hunting to all.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spoke to Tom Dankowski on the phone regarding air testing the f75.

He said to get an accurate baseline go outside away from EMI. To elevate the machine away from and soils and put machine into PF proccess, Sens 95, disc 0, monotone.

He told me if your machine is hitting a clad dime at 10" your f75 is right where it should be. I'm guessing being inside you're picking up some interference.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty sure that is not the right coil for the F75 either...the tornado you tried

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pretty sure that is not the right coil for the F75 either...the tornado you tried
That's good info from Tom. Thanks! I knew the coil might not respond well. I had it and just thought "what the heck".

I'll do the dime test!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok. I'm good. I was able to do the test inside. I used the settings you described with the factory coil and it hit the dime at right about 10".

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The F-75 is a very deep machine...also very sensitive to other Electric Fields and inside has many.
I used the F-75 on and off for 10 years had 3 different models ...not a coin hunted... relic hunt all the time...but the old timers dropped a lot of coins.
I have hit a large cent at over 11" many times in the ground...old iron washers the same size at 13".
That F-75 will hunt as deep as any top of the line machine...try digging some faint/dull sounding targets to test the real depth...very impressive to any MDer.
Gary

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F-75 is a very deep machine...also very sensitive to other Electric Fields and inside has many.
I used the F-75 on and off for 10 years had 3 different models ...not a coin hunted... relic hunt all the time...but the old timers dropped a lot of coins.
I have hit a large cent at over 11" many times in the ground...old iron washers the same size at 13".
That F-75 will hunt as deep as any top of the line machine...try digging some faint/dull sounding targets to test the real depth...very impressive to any MDer.
Gary
Thanks Gary. I've got some deep stuff stuff. Surprisingly, most of the coins I've dug with the F75 have been in the 6" or less range. I'm working an area that is littered with nails and trash and I suspect it's gonna be sometime before I get everything cleaned out and can go for the really deep stuff.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary

Nice to hear from someone swinging a DEUS.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary

What setting do you hunt in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What setting do you hunt in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i`m a relic hunter and used all the settings ,but in the heavy iron i used FA process in Delta Pitch and Boost in Delta Pitch... never any Disc....just squeaks the good sounds out .
I have the T2 Dst out of the factory and bought them both at the same time .
The T2 will do anything the F-75 does sensitivity to coins and depth are the same...the F-75 mixes the process and tones ...the T2 expanded Iron range,and better threshold .
Both are great detectors.
Gary

Last edited:

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD, Deus Xp, tecknetics gamma, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch f75 tips, you tube, this machine gets fooled, use all metal mono tone for the deepest settings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread