F75 ltd or f75 plus

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this was a good move by First Texas. They were probably the first company to figure out that they will have to compete with the likes of the Equinox 600 and 800. The 600 comes in at $649 and offers a lot for the money. Being equal in price with extras will give new guys something to think about at least. The F75 is a legend. So on one hand you have a waterproof machine with a lot of frequencies for bad ground and water hunting. On the other you have an incredibly deep machine that holds its own or beats anything out there in mild to moderate inland ground which also includes an awesome, top of the line pinpointer, and a Digger. A true start up and go kit. It will probably sway some arsenal hunters like me as well. As for me, I'm taking a walk on the "dark side" starting tomorrow, but I say this with 100% conviction. The reign of the Nox will be short lived. A day will come in the near future where FTP sits on top of the whole heap. It'll make this Equinox craze look mild in comparison.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
☠ Cipher;5732731 said:
I think this was a good move by First Texas. They were probably the first company to figure out that they will have to compete with the likes of the Equinox 600 and 800. The 600 comes in at $649 and offers a lot for the money. Being equal in price with extras will give new guys something to think about at least. The F75 is a legend. So on one hand you have a waterproof machine with a lot of frequencies for bad ground and water hunting. On the other you have an incredibly deep machine that holds its own or beats anything out there in mild to moderate inland ground which also includes an awesome, top of the line pinpointer, and a Digger. A true start up and go kit. It will probably sway some arsenal hunters like me as well. As for me, I'm taking a walk on the "dark side" starting tomorrow, but I say this with 100% conviction. The reign of the Nox will be short lived. A day will come in the near future where FTP sits on top of the whole heap. It'll make this Equinox craze look mild in comparison.

dilly dilly :occasion14:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed it will. Minelab is far from done. FT isn’t kidding about a whole new lineup - probably starting with updates of current platforms to include waterproof and wireless features.

Beyond that an already revealed salt water detector - prototype called Manta - which offers great depth, sensitivity to tiny gold and usable ferrous discrimination - at the beach.

Beyond that even - new technology - their experience in multifreq - being leveraged into new modes of achieving new capabilities.

this year? Maybe not. Coming - I have bets on it!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have both the Pro and the F75LTD. The F75 is a very sensitive machine and a great machine with many options on coils. It is also sensitive to EMI. If you detect around lots of power lines it can be hard to adjust to run smoothly. At times you may have to adjust the sensitivity below 29 or lower. Again, I'm not trying to suggest you not buy one. I really like mind. I have found gold and many coins etc. but the machine is better suited in my opinion for ground away from emi. The PRO as you probably know handles emi . Power lines are tough for most machines. I don't know how the new versions of the 75 will react but I'm sure a member of the forum will know. Good luck on your buy.:thumb_up:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still believe most people are lazy and would only bury their caches between 1 to 2 ft deep, maybe at arms length max.. I am confident the F75 will hit most large Caches at 1 to 2 ft deep without cache mode.
I agree. IMO Caches were buried using location rather than depth to keep folks from finding them.
Remember, the important caches were buried prior to the use of Detectors.
That's my opinion and I am stickin' to it.:occasion14:
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread