Fisher F75 or F75LTD are either any good fior Prospecting Gold ????

Astro Nut

Dec 7, 2013
Burson, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are either the F75 or the F75LTD any good at all for prospecting gold? I want an all around excellent detector for any type detecting I would like to do. I am not hung up on Gold but sometimes in the right place my want to try. I know the FREQUENCY is low compared to detectors that are really designed for Gold prospecting. Feedback appreciated Thanks

Bill

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will hit birdshot size gold at 2 to 3 inches. Larger gold about 2x the size of a BB at 4 to 5 inches.

Threshold based all metal mode of course.

So doing that on small gold...it can hit a larger nugget no problem at 6+

Get the smaller 5inch DD coil for the small stuff. Larger stock coil for the big stuff.

Obviously a great relic and coin shooter as well. It is one of the best general purpose detectors ever built.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the size of detectable gold in your area. I know here in Cali desert, most nuggets are fairly small, many found are in the 5-10 grain size or smaller. I would think with a small dd coil the F75 would hit on nuggets over 5-6 grains depending on depth of said nuggets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread