Impressions on the F Pulse

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone tried the F Pulse pulse pinpointed? I used it for a few hours and was unimpressed. It did not have a strong enough vibration and false a lot. I tried the method of turning it on while I touched the ground no better. I kept wanting to grab my Garrett carrot. When comparing the two the carrot got stronger responses and did better in the whole. When using the Garrett’s tip of sliding the metal along the side I was able to get more depth than with a pulse pointer. Any one else have thoughts on this

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Subscribing since I was under the impression these were king of the hill for no falsing. Also some hype about depth......but I didn't see much of a difference over my carrot or TRX in some reviews.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MackDog’s results are quite different than what most have reported. I’m sure his testing was carried out carefully. Perhaps his F-pulse is bad.

I have no idea what reports the other poster has been reading, but a number of experienced detector users have compared the two and found the F-pulse to be superior overall.

Type this text in your google search box - you will see Steve Herschbach’s review at the top of the list - plus a number of others.

‘fisher f-pulse vs. garrett carrot”

at the end end of the day however, we all have our own preferences.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm actually reading a review at the top of this page that says otherwise....:icon_scratch:

I really don't like the sporadic falsing from my carrot. The TRX I use as a backup doesn't false as much but it seems like I fumble around with it more trying to find targets....perhaps just not enough time in the field with it.

I like the frequency shift on the f-pulse/teknetics offering. If it really is just a random issue with the op's device I'm going to get one sooner than later. The people ranting about depth seem to be people with mineralized dirt. I can definitely see the apeal there though... anyone else using one with good results?

JConis

Greenie
Mar 10, 2017
Pilot Mound, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 &F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_20180212_201230202.jpg

These are the numbers I got air testing the F-Pulse against the carrot. I've only been out with it once and was very impressed with is ability to pinpoint multiple targets in the same hole. HH

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No issues here. Wife has one and I use a Tek-Point...neither false and easily best the Garrett and Makro we used for performance. Vibration and speaker both plenty powerful.

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F-pulse & Tek-Point Really Do Live Up To The Expectations

I've got a Tek-Point same as the F-Pulse. On most targets indicted 3 inches or less when pinpointed by my T2 , I'll put it in high sensitivity and use the Tek-point to verify exactly where the coin actually is. Often times when doing this the pinpointer reveals that it is not actually a coin. By outlining the object using the Tek-point you can often tell it's a piece of junk, it will save you time digging it.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an F-pulse fan. Love it. No falsing here,..vibrates and beeps A-OK. Easy on Easy Off,...never liked my carrot,..to dang busy just to get off and on,..mine just went up for sale.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I understood what was said in the Herschbach forum, the new FT pinpointers have a wireless module in them to communicate with the new machines when they hit the market. Sounds like good things on the horizon

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a review on my youtube page (cant post it here) but I was highly impressed. Much greater depth than the carrot both air test and in ground.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have just about every pinpointer model sold since 2010, and the F-Pulse has taken full center stage! Totally awesome in depth and features IMO. Love the 360 degree detection and the fast detune. Two thumbs up!

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont own one but most yt videos I saw they showed quite a significant difference between other pinpointers. I saw 4-5 videos comparing the trx vs carrot vs F pulse and the fisher came out on top. I still have the first and original black garrett pinpointer. This thing has lasted! Thought I would be replacing sooner, but I guess it’ll end up in the back up section once I get the nice red Fisher one.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have to make a retraction on my glorious report on the F-Pulse. I had the first unit replaced due to lockups and failure to detect, or turn off with the on-off switch. That unit, when working correctly, gave me exceptional depth, equaling the TRX. The second, replacement, losses that great depth. The second unit also had the same issues as the first, and added in was a loss in sensitivity.

Until Fisher makes my third unit as good in depth as that first one, I'll remain unhappy and revert to my TRX/Carrot combo.I thought the F-Pulse "stole the whole show" being a PI pointer. Pulse inductuction technology should "rule" in depth. All I get on a clad dime with this full replacement is 2 & 3/4 inches. I could count on my first F-Pulse to hit nearly any 3" ground signal from my detector, pre-dig.

I will make a prediction/guess. Fisher dropped the extra sensitivity to help in attempts to correct the lockup issue. One of the phone reps I talked too at Fishers, mentioned the "new software" a t one point during the call. New software might be a bad thing for sensitivity.

If the promise that was made to me, to get me a third unit with the sensitivity of my first one, or at least 3-plus inches on a dime, dependably, I am not going to promote this pinpointer. Let's see what customer service actually delivers after our last phone conversations more than a week ago.

Y'all should wait awhile on jumping on this F-Pulse. Being a PI, it should be a killer in depth range, and never lockup and quit detecting metal at all. Fisher needs to "lick this calf over again."

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not hesitate to jump on one if I was in the market for a new PP.

The lock-up issue was when people turned it on directly next to metal - or often touching metal. It would lock the PP up and removal of the batteries would be necessary to get it to reset.

It has been duplicated...and subsequently fixed. It had nothing to do with the sensitivity. It was basically First Texas fixing an error that would occur during improper use (turning on touching metal).

My personal use one is an original software. Never an issue as I turn it on pointed away from anything.

I have a brand new one with the new software...hits 3.25 on a dime and 3.75 on a nickel.

Truly am very sorry you are having issues and hope you get it worked out....but I don't think anybody should wait on buying a new one over your isolated incident. Most people seem to be raving about them for a reason....

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McKinney, I don't think I've ever seen an F-pulse get 3" on a dime*. It was designed to get 3" on a nickel @ sens=2. It gets 2.75" on a quarter, and about 2.5" on a dime. Sens=3 adds a little bit more, but not a lot. The lock-up issue had nothing to do with sensitivity.

I continue to play with this design for other purposes, and if I get something I think you will like I'll personally ping you for "testing." Meanwhile, the lock-up has definitely been fixed and I threw in a couple of useful new features in the process.

--Carl

*OK, I admit in development I saw some crazy results, like coins at 4+ inches. Results that were not mass-reproducible. In production, these things have been very consistent in depth.

Edit: just noticed GT's depth numbers... OK, I'd have to see that, cause the last 50 units I've tested won't do that.

Last edited:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
McKinney, I don't think I've ever seen an F-pulse get 3" on a dime*. It was designed to get 3" on a nickel @ sens=2. It gets 2.75" on a quarter, and about 2.5" on a dime. Sens=3 adds a little bit more, but not a lot. The lock-up issue had nothing to do with sensitivity.

I continue to play with this design for other purposes, and if I get something I think you will like I'll personally ping you for "testing." Meanwhile, the lock-up has definitely been fixed and I threw in a couple of useful new features in the process.

--Carl

*OK, I admit in development I saw some crazy results, like coins at 4+ inches. Results that were not mass-reproducible. In production, these things have been very consistent in depth.

Edit: just noticed GT's depth numbers... OK, I'd have to see that, cause the last 50 units I've tested won't do that.

I wasn't the only one reporting those depths on their first units a few months ago. It'd take research to find each and every one but those highlights made back when I bought my first one, was what caused me to jump at it. Mine worked just the same before the replacement.

Does Fisher have a total customer satisfaction guarantee, and refund policy? My second one did lockup until I, myself discovered the deficient spring in the cap. I wasted an entire hunt with the thing the first hunt, 30 miles away, due to it failing to shut off with the switch.

Shouldn't there be a time, like the old lemon-law days, where we just reimburse the customer, after two failures a row?

Trust me, my first unit was great on distance. Nickels matched and even exceeded my TRX in air tests. What happened?

Watch thus Utube done in February, beginning at minute 5:40. You will see consistent 3" measurements on a high conductor.

Also, the second Utube, also done in Feb 18. Dramatic air tests again. These things "used to" get great, consistent depth. Only modest depth at best in my opinion with the replacement/new software unit.

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

--Carl

That final review F-Pulse got 3 and a 16th. Latest one I have is a bit hotter and dead on 3.25 on a dime and nearly 4 inches on a nickel.

The prototype Tek-Point they let me show on YouTube was also dead on 3 inches on a dime. The early review one was 2 and 5/8ths. Don't have a new software Tek-Point to see what it does...but my personal box version from a couple months back does 3 on a dime as well. So 3 of the 4 all hit 3 inches with a dime.

I think you are selling your own product short Carl... :tongue3:

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was disappointed at first with my F-pulse because I like vibrate only and the vibration at depth was and still is very weak. I switched back to sound/vibrate and the sound works much better at depth. Is this normal for others? I know that my TRX vibrates much harder, at the same depth, than my F-pulse but seems similar when the sound is on. The F-pulse and TRX both get much greater depth than either of my Garrett carrots. While you can get more depth with the nickel trick on the Garrett, it also works on the F-pulse. I would like to know if the weak vibration is a characteristic of the F-pulse or if mine is defective as I do not like to work with sound on a pinpointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread