Please Help my Narrow my List

CustomCorvette

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new and trying to narrow down my list to make a purchase for my wife and I.

Here is my requirements;

Under $1,000.00
We are in Missouri which is LOADED with rocks in our area.
We have no need for it to be waterproof.
I definitely need a light weight or 2 piece one as I have 2 torn Rotator Cuffs.
We would be looking for silver, gold, and relics.

These are the ones suggested to me, any help to narrow my list is appreciated.

Fisher F5
Fisher F70
Fisher f75

OP
OP
C

CustomCorvette

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Also;

Fisher F2
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
1st Texas Titan 9000 (BH Time Ranger), Teknetics Patriot 11"DD with NEL Sharpshooter and Hunter, Deteknix X Pointer Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Teknetics Patriot. It is the same machine as the F70, just rebranded. It runs $399 with a coupon and can use any accessory coils that the F70 & F75 use. It is very light, and hunts deep. I love mine. I honestly didn't expect the machine to perform as well as it does. It is impressive, especially at its price point. Hope I didn't make things harder, just my 2 cents.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the Makro Kruzer, I know you have no need for waterproof but the simple act of getting caught in the rain makes waterproof worth it. Also, its very light 3lbs with great balance has multiple frequencies to play with and is way way below 1000 bucks

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want the best depth and target separation, I'd go with the F75+ it comes with a pin pointer and a digging tool.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just don't see how anyone can overlook the f75+ deal. With the pinpointer and digger you're getting one hell of a machine for about $500.00!

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F70 is being discontinued,...Teknetics Patriot is that machine (maybe confusing/sister company). I've got Patriot and the new F75+ both...haven't actually even used the F75 that much yet but with your shoulder issues you could possibly prefer the Patriot. If every ounce counts that is,...but the F75 is sweet and very well balanced. Also yes it is a heckuva deal and the F pulse pinpointer is awesome. So good luck,..they are both a lot of machine for the $$ in my opinion.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You posted your question in all the forums but Tesoro.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=20932419

I'm old and slow and not doing all that great. You can't beat the Tesoro Vaquero. Very light, runs off single 9v battery, and is just as deep or deeper than it's competitors.

Tesoro

Believe me, you'll get tired rather quickly swinging these $1000 detectors that run of battery packs or eight or four AA batteries....

You're going to dig everything anyway, forget all the bright lights. They're nothing more than a distraction.

Cheers

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You posted your question in all the forums but Tesoro.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=20932419

I'm old and slow and not doing all that great. You can't beat the Tesoro Vaquero. Very light, runs off single 9v battery, and is just as deep or deeper than it's competitors.

Tesoro

Believe me, you'll get tired rather quickly swinging these $1000 detectors that run of battery packs or eight or four AA batteries....

You're going to dig everything anyway, forget all the bright lights. They're nothing more than a distraction.

Cheers

Listen to Steve he knows what he is talking about.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F70 is being discontinued,...Teknetics Patriot is that machine (maybe confusing/sister company). I've got Patriot and the new F75+ both...haven't actually even used the F75 that much yet but with your shoulder issues you could possibly prefer the Patriot. If every ounce counts that is,...but the F75 is sweet and very well balanced. Also yes it is a heckuva deal and the F pulse pinpointer is awesome. So good luck,..they are both a lot of machine for the $$ in my opinion.

Take the F75+ and the Patriot to your test bed. I bet the F75+ goes deeper with a better target ID than the Patriot. I had the f70 and it is a great machine, a little simpler than the F75 series, but My F75LTD does get about an extra inch in depth when you test both with similar coils on the same targets.

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Patriot is one of the best deals going right now. Fast light and deep, with the money saved you can get a good pinpointer and an Xtra coil or two and still have money left over. Good luck on which ever route you go.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know of a dealer right now who offers the f75+ package for $550.00.

OP
OP
C

CustomCorvette

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone i decided on a Used Deus, Thanks again to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread