Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I have a quick question.

I have a friend who wants a detector for the small, sub-gram gold here in New Hampshire. He is not very tech savvy at all.

He has used my Deus with 9" HF coil but quickly got frustrated with it falsing on the black sand and iron.

I told him about the Gold Bug 2 and he suddenly wants one. The only thing is, I don't know if black sand will pose a problem for him as I've never used one.

My question then is: Is this a detector which will discriminate out black sand and iron deposits or would he likely get a lot of falsing?

Thanks for any and all advice you can give me.

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GB2 is great for small gold and should do really well with the black sand , BUUUT it is quite a learning curve on the ground balance so if he is not someone who is willing to spend the time learning that perhaps there are better options. Maybe you/he could try the EQ 800 ? I would like to see more how it performs in that type environment.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If tiny bits of gold are the target, Nothing beats the GB2. Ground balancing isn’t difficult, the GB knob sits there right in front of your right thumb and with the fine adjustment, it’s a snap to adjust it as you go to ensure perfect GB.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GB2 will do the trick for you.
Marvin