Welcome home gift

Steepdgaf

Jan 12, 2018
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75; Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got home from being gone a year and wife surprised me with my first metal detector, an F75 and a couple other accessories that she purchased from Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. I've always wanted a detector and couldn't wait to use it so out into the yard I went. I know I'll never be as good as most of you or be able to put in the time I'd like right now but had fun and enjoyed learning how the F75 talks to me letting me know what's in the ground by depth, size and type of metal. I have lot more to learn but will enjoy every minute. I'm already researching local areas. Attached are some things I found in the yard during first use...

Attachments

• IMG_20180620_102406.jpg
    IMG_20180620_102406.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20180620_102351.jpg
    IMG_20180620_102351.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20180619_120015.jpg
    IMG_20180619_120015.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 97

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. The F75 is super capable. Battery life is amazing - just be sure to remove the batteries if you are going away again for a long period. Your wife also sounds like a good find!

Chub

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet. From Niagara Falls. Not bad for your first hunt. Congrats. I think you’ll love this hobby and this website.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the obsession. I hope you just turned it on and began to hunt. The F75 is set up as a turn on and go machine right from the factory. the only 2 things you should have to do is to turn disc down to zero, find a quiet patch of ground and do a ground grab and if you are experiencing any EMI issues, learn to flip through the 7 freqs in order to find a quiet one. If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I have been swinging the F75LTD for 4 years now.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first off welcome home! Where were you? Second, welcome to T-Net!

OP
OP
S

Steepdgaf

Jan 12, 2018
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. The F75 is super capable. Battery life is amazing - just be sure to remove the batteries if you are going away again for a long period. Your wife also sounds like a good find!

Chub
Thanks, I hope to not leave again for a while and get to know it better. Anyone that's put up with me for over 25 years is definitely a good find.

OP
OP
S

Steepdgaf

Jan 12, 2018
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the obsession. I hope you just turned it on and began to hunt. The F75 is set up as a turn on and go machine right from the factory. the only 2 things you should have to do is to turn disc down to zero, find a quiet patch of ground and do a ground grab and if you are experiencing any EMI issues, learn to flip through the 7 freqs in order to find a quiet one. If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I have been swinging the F75LTD for 4 years now.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting
Thanks, ya I didn't really need to mess with settings much, I did turn up discrimination some since my yard seems to be full of so much metal scrap from copper pipe, copper tacks, nails and so on which makes it hard to find many spots to ground balance. EMI isn't much of an issue even with overhead lines in the front yard. I will definitely let ya know if I have any questions. Thanks again.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great gift! I agree with loco. Definitely a super easy to use rig and very effective machine too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread