Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2018
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello again,

OK I have been really enjoying my F44 but now my son want to go out with me. I let him try the F44 and he found some clad and totally wants to do it more. I only have the one the detector. So I was thinking about purchasing another.

I saw that the F75+ and the T2+ both have super deals right now. Is it worth it? Is the F75 that much better than the F44? The differences between the F75+ and the T2+?

Lots of hub bub about the Nox...maybe a Nox 600 is the better way to go?

Thanks folks...

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fisher F75+ is a great package on a good high performance detector. The Equinox is also an extremely good performer. Main advantage of the Equinox is that it is a multi frequency detector with some preset programs for ease of use. The multi frequency allows it to work much better in salt than a single frequency detector.

Give me a shout if I can help in your decision, I've got 9 years experience on the F75LTD.

Wayne

(832) 982-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it depends on what you want back out of the detector if for some reason it gets sold. I vote f75 for ergonomics and build quality. My Equinox 800 is a bad mamma jamma but it's definitely lacking some in the mentioned areas.

Both machines are deep and very easy to navigate and use. If for some reason. You decide to sell you will get a bether return from the minelab IMO. The fisher is old and outdated in many people's eyes. Doesn't mean it's not a great machine still. Great deal with the new pinpointer too. If that's something you need to buy seperate that pushes you over 700 bucks if going with the 600. Also the f75 is more of an inland hunter since it's not waterproof vs the 600 to 10ft.

Hard to go wrong either way.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The multi frequency machines have forced Fisher to lower the price but the F75LTD.It is at a great price now, this is a great machine especially in iron. Runs in 15 KH and is a great machine. It has different modes to choose from also. It will ID iron or bottle caps and pull tabs when in the correct program. I can testify that this machine with the correct coil won't take a back seat to any machine. Do some YouTube's and search. I've got this machine with 3 coil and it's great as well as other machines. Good luck.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The multi frequency machines have forced Fisher to lower the price but the F75LTD.It is at a great price now, this is a great machine especially in iron. Runs in 15 KH and is a great machine. It has different modes to choose from also. It will ID iron or bottle caps and pull tabs when in the correct program. I can testify that this machine with the correct coil won't take a back seat to any machine. Do some YouTube's and search. I've got this machine with 3 coil and it's great as well as other machines. Good luck.

Did they change the plus from 13khz ?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the F75 and love it. Wont let it go. The F44 came out after the F75 so would say F44 has better programing. But the updated F75 is really quiet and finds it all. With that said, if you beach hunt you could go Nox from what I hear. But Im happy with my F75.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been swinging the F75LTD for a little over 4 years. I personally believe they reduced their prices on the F70/75 series to better compete against the mid range market, buying time until their new release. The F75 has been around for a while, granted, but it's hard to improve perfection. You see VLF technology hit it's Apex when the F75 was introduced. That is why you are seeing some manufacturers provide machines that can hunt in a few different KHZ's, just one at a time though. They did provide a DST upgrade which also gave another process (FA - Fast Action) which was not included in the older models. Moving to the F75+ will be easy for you since you are already used to the Fischer target ID scale. You are upgrading at a great time. When I upgraded from my F4, the F75LTD 2 coil package retailed at $1199.00. Your F75+ will gain you about 2 inches on a quarter vs your F44 (depending on soil conditions), and that does not include the additional depth the Boost process provides. I hunt in the rain with the battery box and control unit covers. I had an XP Deus (also a great machine, goes ever so slightly deeper than the F75 series and is ultra light, but it never hit on anything my F75 would not hit. The Deus loves to ring big iron in as big silver. If my batteries die on the F75 I can simply swap them out and continue the hunt. The Deus would need to charge. I decided that I'd rather invest all my time in one machine than split time with the Deus. I already know what the F75LTD was telling me about the targets it was hitting on so I sold the Deus.

I hear good things about the Minelab Equinox series, but it will be more of a learning curve to go to a different target ID scale as well as the bwoop-bwoop tones. I am happy digging quarter size targets at 12 inches since most of my keepers were between only 4 to 7 inches deep.

If you have any questions concerning your F75, just post them here in the Fisher forum and there are many that can give you some guidance.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
T

tikirob1

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2018
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice folks...I really like the F75...but a change in plans.

I have a friend that just bought a Nox 800. He has a Whites MX Sport (updated) that he purchased new last year. He is loaning it to me to give it a try (His logic...he does not want it to get dusty as he tries out his new beach machine). So I am going to put off buying something new for a bit. Anyway...I have no clue whats coming in the near future. A new fisher product?

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
tiki, nothing wrong with the White's unit, you will like it. I hope he makes you a great deal on it if he sells it too you. If not, the best deal out there right now seems to be on the Teknetics T2 & T2+ The Fisher F75 is one of my favorites and so is the Fisher F70 (now re-branded on the Teknetics line) The Equinox seems to be a goodie too, but it also sounds like some of its too good to be true's are just that. (Still looking into that) The best advice I can give you, it does not matter "what or which machine" as long as you learn to use it. Always remember, Performance is where "You" find it.
Best of luck! stay Gold!
Opie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread