Fisher F44 issues...

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a Fisher F44 for my fiancé this past Christmas and it's only been used twice since. Yesterday she decided she wanted to go hunting with me and after our hunt the F44 would not turn off. I pulled the batteries, changed the batteries and even let it set overnight without batteries, but this afternoon when I put in fresh batteries the F44 turned on and still would not turn off!!! I'm afraid I'm going to have to send it back to Fisher unless anyone has a fix for this issue, and if I do have to send it back, how is Fisher's customer service? Thanks in advance...

"D"

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wanted to update my post. The pressure pad on the face of the unit was defective and was covered by Fisher's 5 year warranty and it was replaced without incident or cost. There customer service is top notch, especially when dealing with Felix!!!

"D"

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Glad you found the problem and Will we back to treasure hunting in no time. And yes First Texas has a great coustmer service and advice on setting for new users.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you found the problem and Will we back to treasure hunting in no time. And yes First Texas has a great coustmer service and advice on setting for new users.:icon_thumright:

Thanks Rook,

Their Customer service was awesome, especially Felix, he was a great help and a very nice person. The F-44 is actually my wife's detector. I did a show-an-tell at a 1875 circa church and let some of the church members use it when it broke, not blaming them, it was actually a defect, but I'm glad to have it back. Yesterday the wife and I took it out on it's first hunt since it was repaired. I posted our finds on the "Today's Finds" and the Minelab / Equinox forums. They're not as impressive as some of the post, but I'm happy with them. I mainly use the CTX and the Nox 800. Thanks for your comments my friend, take care and God bless...

"D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions