Sold off F75, then got sellers remorse.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F75 was my first capable machine since I got back into the hobby. I have a couple other machines and ended up with a minelab EQ 800 which I really enjoy using.

After the f75 plus deal came around I figured I'd sell off my f75 and if I missed it the plus package could be bought and get boost, cache ect along with an F pulse and the machine would be brand new.

Now that it's farm field hunting season and I have a tornado and 5" coil sitting around I ended up caving in and ordering the f75 plus deal. Lol. I'm going to hold on to this one! This section is dead so I figured I'd share! Haha. Can't wait to get my hands back on the new/old machine.

miserman

Oct 25, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD F-pulse and Tek-Point pinpointers Sunray Pro gold headphones
I also bought the plus package to use as a back up to go along with my F75 LTD. I got rid of my original F75 that I bought new in 2008. I wish I still had the original F75 WITHOUT the DST,Boost etc. I feel that the DST detectors loose a little depth because the DST makes them less sensitive. The plus package is a good deal and the F75 plus along with the pinpointer are good products at a great price.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still swing my F75LTD and loving it. Bought it back in Oct 2014.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also bought the plus package to use as a back up to go along with my F75 LTD. I got rid of my original F75 that I bought new in 2008. I wish I still had the original F75 WITHOUT the DST,Boost etc. I feel that the DST detectors loose a little depth because the DST makes them less sensitive. The plus package is a good deal and the F75 plus along with the pinpointer are good products at a great price.

You can turn the DST off on your new machine, it's in the owner's manual.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My old F75 was the non boost, DST with FA mode, FE tone ect. I ran the NEL Tornado coil on it and that sucker was DEEP! Pulled a legit foot deep largie out of the ground with that setup in DISC. Mode.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I'm learning that I like different machines for different locations. My Equinox is a silver coin magnet in the old parks and ballfields but I absolutely LOVE the 2F on the f75 for farm fields or even cellar hole/woods hunting. My Tejon works well in the iron too.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen the F75 in action. It is no slouch and can hold its own against almost anything. Except a backhoe.:tongue3:

miserman

Oct 25, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD F-pulse and Tek-Point pinpointers Sunray Pro gold headphones
You can turn the DST off on your new machine, it's in the owner's manual.
Thanks Loco-Digger I know the manual states that "90" is DST on and "91" is off but it seems that "Off" is actually about 80% off by default. Many have stated that "OFF" gives about an inch more depth. The reason being that in order to quiet down the machine something has to be sacrificed and less Sensitivity means less depth. In any case the F75 is a great machine that offers many different settings. Thanks for your input.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take your machine out in a test bed and see how deep it can detect at zero sensitivity. I normally run at 65 Sensitivity and still dig targets at 10-12 inches in DST, disc mode in the DE process. Here in Ohio at the sites I hunt, most good older coins/targets are between 5 & 7 inches deep. Of course I am tickled when I dig a LC at 10 inches due to fill being applies due to a house being lifted and a basement dug at a later date or just needing a better foundation, or after the original cabin being removed and a newer dwelling being built for the land owner and dirt is moved.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take your machine out in a test bed and see how deep it can detect at zero sensitivity. I normally run at 65 Sensitivity and still dig targets at 10-12 inches in DST, disc mode in the DE process. Here in Ohio at the sites I hunt, most good older coins/targets are between 5 & 7 inches deep. Of course I am tickled when I dig a LC at 10 inches due to fill being applies due to a house being lifted and a basement dug at a later date or just needing a better foundation, or after the original cabin being removed and a newer dwelling being built for the land owner and dirt is moved.

Funny you mention that Kevin. I have a 7-8 inch silver Rosie in my yard. Almost made a video of the old f75 I had smashing that sucker on 0 sens. That was with the big NEL attached but still....

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the F75. Almost pulled the trigger on the equinox dozens of times but hard to justify with the ammount of detecting Im doing these days. Next year I will have more time. By then they should have sorted the shaft issue.The light weight of the equinox appeals to me but does it balance like the F75?

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont want to buy the equinox then have the warranty erode away in the cupboard.

Chub

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Equinox is very light. With the standard coil it is very nose-heavy, especially if you like a long rod extension.

The other issue is the fact that like all straight shaft machines the back and forth sweep motion also tends to twist the shaft because the line of force from arm cup through the center of the handle meets the ground well ahead of the line of the shaft straight through the coil connection point. This may be part of why the center rod seems to have trouble avoiding “wobble”.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the F75. Almost pulled the trigger on the equinox dozens of times but hard to justify with the ammount of detecting Im doing these days. Next year I will have more time. By then they should have sorted the shaft issue.The light weight of the equinox appeals to me but does it balance like the F75?

Chub

Chub, I agree with Rick K. The machine itself is light. When swinging it at first it took a couple weeks for what seemed like different shoulder muscles to strengthen before it was comfy. Now it's not noticeable. Definitely nose heavy with stock 11" coil.

I can say without a doubt that the EQ will beat an F75 in the park/yard setting hunting for silver. I also think it's a little bit faster of a unit too. All the tone adjustability (on the 800) is awesome!

I think the f75 is comparable in the depth department though and I love the 2F in the open fields and woods.

In a year maybe First Texas will have their new flagship unit on the market? I got a feeling it's gonna be bad to the bone.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ditto. But mine was a first year and is over 10 years old. Has been back twice for upgrades and is still serving me well.

Nice of Fisher to offer that rather than just obsolete the whole unit.

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the machine in yesterday....dropped shipped from Texas. Assembled and went out today. The three mercs were out of a spot I've been over with my 800 a few times along with a friends explorer. This thing seems more accurate than my old one on the visual display. I think I dug ONE falsing nail the whole hunt. The pinpointer seems REALLY NICE too! Heck, the digger is even a nice piece. Very glad with my purchase! This was with the Tornado coil. Left the stocker in the bag.

20181026_172132.jpg 20181026_172207.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread