DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been doing some "comparison shopping" lately, and have noticed that in many cases, the Fisher F70 is priced HIGHER than the F75 (base model).

I understood the F70 to be a "step below" the F75, so is there simply a push to market the F75, and possibly phase the F70s out? Perhaps clearing out and doing away with the "Base" F75 altogether, and continuing on with the LTD/SE/PLUS? A few vendors, I have seen, have "SALE!" prices of each still having the F70 priced higher than the F75; example was F70 at $499, and F75 at $459.

What gives?

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think there just different Christmas sales your seeing. Some venders might have more of one model detector in stock just because it may be a known better seller.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole larger stock of thing is right, bulk sales drives down the price of single models.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both crazy since you can find the f75 plus bundle right now for just over $500.00.

Its all jumbled up for a short time until First Texas releases their new line of machines. They had to lower the prices a bunch to sell anything with the new machines the competition has put out.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Answered this in another forum.
The F70 was discontinued, the Patriot is cheaper and anyone still selling new F70's got caught in the turnover.
They cost more wholesale and these vendors are just trying to get their money back as best they can.
Nobody sane that knows a Patriot costs $399 or that the F75's can be bought in such great deals would buy a more expensive version that costs more so there are still some F70's in the pipeline.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was figuring that the F70 was going to be dropped from the Fisher line. KellyCo doesn't even list the F70.
I was looking closely at the Patriot, since it is basically a re-badged F70, at a much lower price tag.
Dave Johnson is quoted as saying that "F70 owners never have to wonder if they should "upgrade" to an F75."...I wonder if the same can be said about Patriot owners?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was figuring that the F70 was going to be dropped from the Fisher line. KellyCo doesn't even list the F70.
I was looking closely at the Patriot, since it is basically a re-badged F70, at a much lower price tag.
Dave Johnson is quoted as saying that "F70 owners never have to wonder if they should "upgrade" to an F75."...I wonder if the same can be said about Patriot owners?

Absolutely. It is the same exact machine. Just a little to chattery for my liking but still a good unit. Actually has a couple neat fetures the 75 doesn't.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had both and firmly believe to F75 goes a little deeper.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F75 came first, so it never had to force the F-70 out. The F-70 was a reduced capacity unit for a certain price point.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO...the F70 trumps the original F75 (and the gold anniversary edition). F70 had the original boost process (SL mode)...it has a secondary threshold in disc that the F75 does not...it is just as hot and deep. Unmasking and separation identical.

It was not until the SE and LTD version came around with the BP-CL-FA-DST upgrades that the F70 finally took 2nd place.

Hell...my Patriot tests a full 1.5 inches better than my F75+ (same as an LTD).

Option wise...F75 wins. Performance wise...F70 (Patriot) is just as good and in some cases better.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
IMO...the F70 trumps the original F75 (and the gold anniversary edition). F70 had the original boost process (SL mode)...it has a secondary threshold in disc that the F75 does not...it is just as hot and deep. Unmasking and separation identical.

It was not until the SE and LTD version came around with the BP-CL-FA-DST upgrades that the F70 finally took 2nd place.

Option wise...F75 wins. Performance wise...F70 (Patriot) is just as good and in some cases better.

I like mine, works great...finds stuff.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Test as in air tests?

Did you flip to 9.1 on the f75 for the test also?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Air and soil (although a moot point as they handle soil conditions identically). I always test and use 9.1 unless EMI prohibits.

A Patriot with max sens and a positive threshold is a monster and most people would be frustrated hunting it that way.

The newer F75s (which IMO all have a form of DST even if on or off) are much smoother and have more workable depth in my opinion.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Air and soil (although a moot point as they handle soil conditions identically). I always test and use 9.1 unless EMI prohibits.

A Patriot with max sens and a positive threshold is a monster and most people would be frustrated hunting it that way.

The newer F75s (which IMO all have a form of DST even if on or off) are much smoother and have more workable depth in my opinion.

Pretty much the way I hunt most of the time.
Took awhile to get used to it but eventually it became very easy and comfortable.
I know...I am weird.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both ,.F75 and Patriot. Run small hockey puck on the patriot and leave my f75 set up for deeper targets and larger areas. I think the previous responses have you covered on performance,..some very experienced guys chimed in here,..If I may I will add some info on ergonomics if that matters at all to you.

F75 is more comfortable but slightly heavier,...but it is also made for swinging,..a very cadillac like feel. I like the interface better,..its more pleasant for me to work with. It seems to have a different pivot point when swinging for me,..it seems to naturally be more oriented to my shoulder and less on my arm. The patriot is a little less balanced with same sized coils.
That being said the Patriot is without a doubt lighter,.still very comfortable to use,..and I can put it anywhere,..under this and over that very easily,..its great around old homesteads where sometimes it is a little hairy....bottom line is the Patriot is lighting on a stick in my opinion.
I lovem both,..I may add more machines to my line up later but these 2 will never leave. I am actually going to buy the tornado coil for my f75 this winter. Good luck. Best -Aaron

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
F75ltd/Fisher Coinstrike/ Fisher CZ5/ Minelab Explorer XS/ Minelab Sov/ Teknetics T2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my F75ltd 9.0 is deeper and better than 9.1 and 9.0 picks up EMI a little more than 9.1. When I got it new, it was in 9.1. I read forums and most posted that the manual was wrong about 9.1 being DST off or on low. I tested mine many times and I am sure they were right.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
F75ltd/Fisher Coinstrike/ Fisher CZ5/ Minelab Explorer XS/ Minelab Sov/ Teknetics T2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed it shows me as a new member. Lol!! I went through some stuff and forgot my password and had to redo it. I was before the Coinstrike came out and posting.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
9.0 is DST on. Theres no way the manual is wrong after over a decade of being on the market.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
As I understand it, the new processes that were created while detailing the creation of the F70 led to the upgrades added to the then Flagship Fisher detector (F-75 standard) its true the SL mode on the F-70 is a type of boost mode. Fisher added the new found processes to the F75 line instead of the F70 and did not add things like the grip found on the T2, F75 or Omega. My only complaint on this unit and I told Dave Johnson this, was the lack of that grip or at least shortening the back of the "L" rod. I always hit the on/off vol nob on my utility belt when I use this machine. For me between the two (F75 or F70) the interface on the F70 works better for me even as easy as the F75's is I'm still able to adjust the F70 easier while on the hunt.
Anyway! can't go wrong on either machine, but I luv the F70!
Stay Gold!!
Opie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread