Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400,
Minelab X Terra 705,
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett "Carrot" Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the coming of the holidays I decided to go all Santa on myself and get a new toy. Being an old school beep and dig kinda guy I settled on, and ordered, a Fisher 1280x Aquanaut with a 10" coil. That said, I noticed that the description of the detector does not say it comes with a coil cover. On that note I assume that it does not. So I have been searching for one.
The Fisher web site lists the coil cover as part no. 2033070000. But when I Google that I come with a 10.5 inch cover that looks different than the coil shown on the unit I have purchased. This leaves me in a bit of a quandary, as I do not want to risk damaging the coil by using it sans coil cover.

Does anyone have any wisdom they might be able to share regarding this?

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could be of more assistance as far as the size and what type of coils and coil covers they have to offer but I can give you an opinion. Take coil covers and throw them far, far far away, and never look back. I coat the bottom of my coils with Marine epoxy. I have heard that spray on bedliners work well also. The reason I throw these two suggestions out is that the last time I had my CZ 21 at the beach with the 8-inch coil and its cover on, I literally had to chip the coil cover off with a screwdriver. the coil cover was super snug to begin with and not easy to get off, but when a little black sand got in there it may as well have been crazy glued on. When I finally did get a large portion of the coil cover broken free so I can pry the rest of it off it had an amazing amount of black sand and and other dirt inside of it. I could not believe the amount of crap that got inside of that coil cover in just a couple of hunts. I have to believe a coil cover that traps black sand is, before too long, going to be falsing. If you do choose to coat the bottom of your coil with some kind of product make sure it has no metal in it.

OP
OP
P

Pops1959

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400,
Minelab X Terra 705,
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett "Carrot" Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice, thanks. I did find a coil cover and have ordered it. I have never had any problems with them my current unit, or the one I have prior to it. But I like the idea of marine epoxy and will keep that in mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread