Prototype Fisher

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pure Fantasy.:skullflag:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you have a headstone to go place flowers on Terry? Leave this sort of stuff to the living companies...

Found a thin 10k ladies band at 8 inches first day out with the protoype...at a pounded California beach....where about 10 guys hit repeatedly with Minelabs - Whites - Sandsharks...and even a Tarsacci.

I'm no PI guy...(it was sent to test something else)...so I imagine in an experienced PI beach hunters hands...it will do wonders.

Buried that same ring 12 inches in gold claim dirt....6 bars pegged on my T2....hit it easy...with a sweet song. Grunted like a aging Tesoro user on a 2 inch nail at same depth.

If you guys want a PI that can knock out iron...this seems to be it.

I would expect gold and relic versions as well from what I saw...(small gold capabilites and iron grunting)....but no clue on their intentions beyond the beach.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please please please come out with a coin/relic version First Texas! I like the look of the new machine but that coil connection looks prone to issues IMO. Hope I'm wrong though.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please please please come out with a coin/relic version First Texas! I like the look of the new machine but that coil connection looks prone to issues IMO. Hope I'm wrong though.

I would be very surprised if they did not release a gold and relic version. :thumbsup:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have posted previously that this is the start of a series of advanced lightt weight PI machines. And all this is completely seperate from their other ongoing development efforts in El Paso. The PI team (as they refer to it the “Euroteam” are based in Europe and work from there. That doesn’t make the progress from electronic design complete to production machine go any faster however - quite the opposite.

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They greenlighted some of us to post the prototype pics. I'll just post them in this thread here for those interested.

8/18 date code....00002 version....00001 was the France version where it is being developed. Sent in a F75 box...so final box "could" be something similar.

Should not be long now. When FTP actually shows a product and greenlights pics...they usually are close to launching.

IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0766.jpg IMG_0768.jpg IMG_0773.jpg

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The initial videos look pretty convincing!!

chub

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm very excited about the new "AQ", just hope they had at least one hard core water hunter test it. Bottom line for me will be the warranty, this being a new machine.

A real game changer if all that has been said holds..........

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The initial videos look pretty convincing!!

chub

Yeah...it's pretty good man.

I'm very excited about the new "AQ", just hope they had at least one hard core water hunter test it. Bottom line for me will be the warranty, this being a new machine.

A real game changer if all that has been said holds..........

Denis and Alexandre (the French team who made it) might as well be fish with gills as much time as they spend in the water.

Can't really give specifics due to the NDA...but I did a few tests that challenge the FBS/BBS/SMF machines that are out now...and it ate them for lunch in salt...black sand...gold prospecting claim.

Tim Mallory from FTP posted in a public Facebook group that "He will have more info on ordering in late April".

So it appears the time is close. I have zero word on warranty sorry.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah...it's pretty good man.

Denis and Alexandre (the French team who made it) might as well be fish with gills as much time as they spend in the water.

Can't really give specifics due to the NDA...but I did a few tests that challenge the FBS/BBS/SMF machines that are out now...and it ate them for lunch in salt...black sand...gold prospecting claim.

Tim Mallory from FTP posted in a public Facebook group that "He will have more info on ordering in late April".

So it appears the time is close. I have zero word on warranty sorry.

Did you happen to hear any word on when a coin/relic version will be coming down the pike?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you happen to hear any word on when a coin/relic version will be coming down the pike?

No dates...just that other variations will be based off this PI platform.

This is just me thinking out loud....based on info they have released publicly in Facebook groups and forums.

1. We know FTP likes to spread out their tech across Bounty Hunter - Teknetics - Fisher. This Impulse AQ from Fisher is $2000-2500 supposedly. We could very well see the relic PI under the Teknetics brand at say $1200-1500. I would think the gold version is under Fisher still as FTP considers Fisher #1...Tek #2...BH #3. I won't speculate the price of the gold version. Could be GPZ high for all I know.

2. They have said the French team is doing the PI...the El Paso team is working on "other projects". One could assume a Nox/Deus/Anfibio killer...and maybe the other PI spins-offs?

3. We very well could see them do their famous re-branding and send the G2+...T2...F75...Omega 8500....to Bounty Hunter. Or maybe a $750 Bounty Hunter version of the PI? That would drop some jaws.

4. I imagine they want to keep their stranglehold on the $50 to $500 range that they currently have. Surely they are aware of the Simplex pricing....and the fact Minelab chose such a low price for the 600 and 800. So I'm guessing we see the PI start high at $2500....and then subsequent releases lower/higher after that...shifting room for future releases as they go. Then as that hype dies off....the El Paso release happens and starts it all up again?

5. They recently built a new HUGE state of the art warehouse...and people greatly underestimate their capital from the night vision and circuit printing. I LOL when I hear people talk about them going broke. The Tracker 4 and Gold Digger alone make them more in a month then all of White's catalog in an entire year. In my eyes...they are getting ready to pump out a boatload of releases that basically has brother and sister and cousins at just about every price point you can imagine....and I figure they stagger them out every few months so all eyes are on them for a while.

Let me reiterate...this is just opinion based on what some of the higher-ups have posted publicly in forums and on Facebook in the last few months. Grain of salt like always.

picklepete

Nov 22, 2012
americas heartland
Detector(s) used
Quest 20, Simplex+ on order, detecting on and off since the 1970's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would be wise to roll out the different PI versions as fast as they can. I'm sure there are a bunch of engineers licking their chops waiting to reverse engineer this new tech, and come out with slight variations in their own detectors. It happens to the best of them.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping to get to be asked to test one - they don't know how many CZ21s ive helped sell over the years having been in the Fisher catalog and
all the good finds Ive posted over the years on forums
page 39
http://www.fisherlab.com/wtn-2014/
I get emails and PMs all the time from guys telling me I inspired them to get CZ21s
plus I hit a lot of old areas up here in New England with many finds from over a foot to close to 2 ft down hunting in all metal

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing i dont think Fisher realized from those catalog pics - that gold is not from a year or 2 - that is 2 trips worth
the gold in the middle was from a Dom.Rep. trip - the 2 box pics are silver & gold from a 4 day trip to Fla,

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I do hope they find a "In the water hunter to test", Like Casper .

Seems LE.JAG and Alex have yet to have there's submerged. LE.JAG was kind enough to answer my question on his use of the machine, when I mentioned I've only seen them (Alex & LE.JAG) using it on wetsand.

LE.JAG
I have the serial card on my proto
but it is not waterproof
always the ventral box ..
I am fortunate to have large water withdrawal with the tides

Last edited:

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard it has a 1 meter underwater rating, kind of a joke for a beach machine. I mean think about it, if you're in only waist-deep water and get hit by a wave and accidentally drop your machine you have exceeded the depth rating and voided your warranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions