Needing some suggestions

Zerstorer1

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, I’m new to the forum and looking for advice. As a newbie I wanted to get an all around detector that can find most anything I can adjust settings to. After doing some research the one I chose was a Fisher F19, I was hoping to look for coins, gold and relics, but mostly I’d like to try for gold if it’s possible with this machine. It came with an 11” dd coil. So to ask with what I have in my possession is it possible to make it a decent gold finder? Maybe gold bug 2 coil. Just need good direction. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Operating at 19kHz it should find gold nuggets with no problem. :icon_thumright:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no expert but you came to the right place to ask questions and learn, welcome aboard :skullflag:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Are you talking about gold jewelry or nuggets?
I assume nuggets but thought I would ask.

OP
OP
Z

Zerstorer1

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For nuggets mainly I live in San Joaquin valley and planned to start searching in in the upper Kern River area. Thank you guys for the advice so far much appreciated!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Z

Zerstorer1

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you prefer Aftermarket or fisher brand? Some say that I’m ready say that some aftermarkets are better in performance. Thank you for the tip!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would you prefer Aftermarket or fisher brand? Some say that I’m ready say that some aftermarkets are better in performance. Thank you for the tip!

With the small "Joey" coils, I would stay with the Fisher.

OP
OP
Z

Zerstorer1

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect thank you for the advise! You guys have been very helpful.

OP
OP
Z

Zerstorer1

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I wanna make sure before I pull the trigger but looking to retro fit a gold bug 2 5.5 dd coil to an F19 do you foresee any issues?

fjs440

Greenie
Mar 3, 2015
Avon, OH
Detector(s) used
F2
1280-X
F70
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does not sound promising.

Hey guys I wanna make sure before I pull the trigger but looking to retro fit a gold bug 2 5.5 dd coil to an F19 do you foresee any issues?

A Gold Bug 2 uses a coil frequency of 71Khz.

A F19 uses a frequency of 19Khz. That does not sound like a good frequency match. It probably will not work very well

A coil from a Gold Bug or Gold Bug Pro coil would work great, but not the Gold Bug 2.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread