Greenie
Jul 11, 2019
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75+ /w 11" DD & Magic 5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

New 75+ owner for about a week just signing on and eager to make my fortune! (haha). Paired up with an F-Pulse which seems to work incredibly well.

Already up $0.52 in finds and doing a fine job cleaning up the environment of scrap metal. Canadian clad coins a little tough to find I have found out.

find.jpg

Certainly open to any and all suggestions.

Grant

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, I've been swinging the F75 Ltd for the past 5 years, Did you buy it, turn it on and hunt or have you changed some of the settings?

OP
OP
G

GrantT

Greenie
Jul 11, 2019
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little bit of everything as I've been testing many different settings. I was doing a lot of reading and watching a ton of videos about the 75+ before delivery so I learned a lot before even touching it, and already have a good comfort level with things. Out of the box, found a cotter pin in my yard in about 5 minutes.

Been running primarily in DE, disc around 6, trying out a few different audio settings, no notch, sens around 75. (Can't think of what else to mention). Mostly just some sand lots and public fields, school yards around here.

I ran into a ground balance issue for a couple days, until I finally realized the soil in my yard ground balances BELOW 40 so it won't fastgrab here. Is that weird?

Other than that, plan on bringing it to some Alberta/BC (lake) beaches, and we have a condo in Mexico so have miles of beach (dry and wet - though I understand wet salt beach can be a little tricky with the 75?). Other than that, will be a lot of grass fields etc.

I read some conflicting info on various modes, how different disc settings can change things etc, so overall...a little confused...but having fun so far.

I foresee my biggest challenge ahead is how to find Canadian clad coin without digging up 10,000 pieces of junk. I have to try set up a test area I think to try figure things out.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new machine! Enjoy your new hobby.:icon_thumleft:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Little bit of everything as I've been testing many different settings. I was doing a lot of reading and watching a ton of videos about the 75+ before delivery so I learned a lot before even touching it, and already have a good comfort level with things. Out of the box, found a cotter pin in my yard in about 5 minutes.

Been running primarily in DE, disc around 6, trying out a few different audio settings, no notch, sens around 75. (Can't think of what else to mention). Mostly just some sand lots and public fields, school yards around here.

I ran into a ground balance issue for a couple days, until I finally realized the soil in my yard ground balances BELOW 40 so it won't fastgrab here. Is that weird?

Other than that, plan on bringing it to some Alberta/BC (lake) beaches, and we have a condo in Mexico so have miles of beach (dry and wet - though I understand wet salt beach can be a little tricky with the 75?). Other than that, will be a lot of grass fields etc.

I read some conflicting info on various modes, how different disc settings can change things etc, so overall...a little confused...but having fun so far.

I foresee my biggest challenge ahead is how to find Canadian clad coin without digging up 10,000 pieces of junk. I have to try set up a test area I think to try figure things out.

You seem to have the basics down, it's a great machine and you got it at half the price it was running when I got mine.

I mainly run DE for most of my detecting

I do use FA in low emi trashy areas, ya lose a little depth but gain better target separation

when I started with the machine my favorite was PF mode since it reduced falsing and I swing the coil like a banshee so ruts in the ground would false without using PF mode at my sites

I never use BC mode

JE mode i rarely use

I mainly use BP (Boost) to get a better target ID on and iffy signal.

This Sunday I will use CL mode looking for a time capsule buried back in the 1930's at an old school where a buddy got us permission.

Good Luck and happy Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. I've been swinging an F-75 since the first year they came out (Bought mine in May 2007). Has been back twice for upgrades (Kudos to Fisher for the opportunity).

I still like mine!

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Find those old sites and wow us!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the site and hobby! I have swung an F-75 for almost 3 years and it still gets it done just fine! Only thing I can say is that machine will go deep even at very low sensativity settings so no need to go crazy in every spot you visit. I have a 7" buried silver dime in my front yard and it smacks it hard while on sens. of 0!

I do run the NEL Tornado coil. Love it.

Canadianclad

Sep 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site and hobby! I have swung an F-75 for almost 3 years and it still gets it done just fine! Only thing I can say is that machine will go deep even at very low sensativity settings so no need to go crazy in every spot you visit. I have a 7" buried silver dime in my front yard and it smacks it hard while on sens. of 0!

I do run the NEL Tornado coil. Love it.

If you want to hunt modern Canadian clad stick the f75 in the bk seat and hunt with a discovery 2200. I got both... the f75 is tuned to states coin and shows a 4 or 5 on scale but the discovery rings in high and shows a coin reading. I tried both on a field and the cheapy pulled 22 dollars of coins and the f75 just frustrated me. Save the f75 for relic hunting and jewelry.... the discovery will not miss a coin ... loonies ring high to med pitch and show Zink, the boonies ring I quarter range and scream high ... old pennies ring in high and penny to dime range and nickels ring in Nicole range and low flat or if newer hit hit dime and high ... I recovered over 180 in change this year plus 7 rings on the discovery.... It's my main go to and I'm sorry I waisted my cash on the f75 ... it found a musket ball and a button from the 1800 and about 1.20 in coinage ... if your hunting modern clad in canada don't waist your money.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to hunt modern Canadian clad stick the f75 in the bk seat and hunt with a discovery 2200. I got both... the f75 is tuned to states coin and shows a 4 or 5 on scale but the discovery rings in high and shows a coin reading. I tried both on a field and the cheapy pulled 22 dollars of coins and the f75 just frustrated me. Save the f75 for relic hunting and jewelry.... the discovery will not miss a coin ... loonies ring high to med pitch and show Zink, the boonies ring I quarter range and scream high ... old pennies ring in high and penny to dime range and nickels ring in Nicole range and low flat or if newer hit hit dime and high ... I recovered over 180 in change this year plus 7 rings on the discovery.... It's my main go to and I'm sorry I waisted my cash on the f75 ... it found a musket ball and a button from the 1800 and about 1.20 in coinage ... if your hunting modern clad in canada don't waist your money.

Nice. If you live in the States it still gets it done. Welcome to the forum!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. I am a coin shooter more than anything and I think the F75 does very well at that.

But most likely the hard-coded parameters are biased towards US coinage. I'm trying to get mine to ignore post-1982 Cents

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GrantT

Greenie
Jul 11, 2019
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine seems to be hitting Canadian currency not too bad, but of course, you don't know what you miss if you don't dig...but seeing as I don't get out THAT much, I dig most everything, and I can start to "feel" when it is a coin. Getting a nice collection going.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best thing to do. I even have days I dig everything just to be sure. And that is when I find jewelry that I would have ignored in coin "mental mind mode". But mostly junk.

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
replying to your old post on the F75,,,, what to do about upgrading? I missed one about 2 yr ago. Just contact Fisher and mail it asking for upgrade?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
replying to your old post on the F75,,,, what to do about upgrading? I missed one about 2 yr ago. Just contact Fisher and mail it asking for upgrade?

They used to offer it, they may not now, you could contact them and ask though. You'd need to contact them anyways if they still offer the upgrade, so they can give you a shipping number and other info.

NEZPERCE

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2021
Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Lobro/super traq, BanditoUMax,Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a good "beginning" setting I can try with my F75?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes:

RESET function

• Turn detector off.
  • Press-and-hold the red MENU button and push-forward-and-hold the TOGGLE SWITCH.
  • Turn the detector on, while you are still holding the controls.
  • Release the MENU button and TOGGLE SWITCH.
  • See the F symbol. ...
  • All settings have now been returned to factory defaults.

I then go to discrimination mode and set it to "4". No notching or masking. Do a ground balance and start hunting.

If you are getting a lot of iron junk set it to "15". But it won't be as sensitive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread