Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They have installed under ground power lines in a parallel grid around my neighborhood. Effectively creating a square mile of dirt sizzling with emi. None the less, I hunt mine and most my neighbors yards through the noise and have been finding numerous coins in the barrage.

I have stumbled upon something I didn’t expect. I can coinshoot in intense emi, with barely any noise, max sensitivity, and disc at 70 using the cors strike 12x13. It will bang on an 8” quarter at these settings, giving me confidence. I don’t reach for the gold bug for coins but it was in my car so I set it up like I described and began digging coins in my yard where previously just couldn’t hunt very well. I’m impressed and will be using it more for high emi areas.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
A little over a year ago I stumbled on to similar settings using my F70.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/f...-settings-f70-patriot-seem-working-great.html

Turn the disc up to max and my normally chirpy F70 gets spookily quiet...even with the gain way into the positive and my thresh way up their too.
Many sites I can max out the gain and thresh together and it is still eerily quiet.
I found I can notch in one or two other areas and it still stays quiet and stable most of the time but too many areas notched in makes it noisy again.
Usually I notch in nickels and sometimes one other area like foil because I like to find gold, sometimes I notch in zinc in areas where there might be Indians.

I have used these settings a lot in some normally very noisy extremely EMI heavy sites and I have been surprised, and shocked at what I was able to find.

I realized this works on the F70/Patriot and the F75, probably the T2 also because it is built on the same platform but I never had a thought that it would work on other Fisher or FTP model platforms so.....coool!

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Given the nature of the Gb/G2 disc, you will lose any chance at nickels or gold. Same wit t2. But it’s worth it to be able to hunt some areas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions