DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have seen a very few reviews of a new coil manufacturer from Russia, MGC Labs, that produce low cost coils for several brands, including Fisher. There are a couple of videos online from Hunter GT, using the "Magic-13" DD coil, which he calls a "nickel killer". MGC also sells a 9x13 DD and a few smaller coils, most selling for $80-$125. They have only been on the market for just over a year, I think. They have one US distributor, from NY who lists them on "the big internet auction site".

I was considering a Magic-13 (or maybe the 9x13) coil for my F44, for open-field detecting for coins and relics. At $99, it is worth a shot...

Anyone Have good/bad experiences using these coils?

http://www.mgc-lab.com/en/products-2/

Last edited:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I used to be a company man, only used Fisher coils on my F2 and my F70 figuring they would make the best, most optimum coils for their own products.
Then I got a Nel Sharpshooter and Cors Cannon coil for my F70.
I was wrong, as much as I loved the 2 DD Fisher coils I already owned I found these two worked even better...definitely better shielded and much quieter and more stable than my factory coils.
On my F70, anyway, with the pumped up settings I use the most.
Maybe these will work well, also.
You never know until you try.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they made one for my Anfibio I'd probably grab one. They are built really well and definitely nickel killers on the G2+...but keep in mind that platform loves mid conductors like that. It should do quite well on the F44 as well though. Like you say...for $99 why not. Only good stuff from me...never an issue at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread